Steam pre-purchase unlocks Railway Empire closed Beta and bonusesp>
Bracknell UK, 9th November 2017
Kalypso Media and Gaming Minds Studios are excited to announce that budding rail moguls can be amongst the first to test their entrepreneurial skills by getting their hands on the closed Beta for upcoming tycoon simulation Railway Empire now by pre-purchasing on Steam. Scheduled for release on 26th January 2018 across UK and Export territories for PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Linux, Railway Empire transports players to 1830’s America where they will enter the golden age of steam and must expand their business from coast to coast across 100 years of booming industry. Players must out-think and outmanoeuvre their rivals by researching innovative new technologies and expanding their network across a huge gaming world.
By pre-purchasing Railway Empire on Steam players will unlock instant access to the (Windows) closed Beta which contains the first two campaign levels and a comprehensive tutorial with more content being added leading to launch. As well as instant Beta access, players who pre-purchase Railway Empire on Steam will also receive an exclusive custom paint job for the ‘Super Hudson’ locomotive, a digital soundtrack (both available at launch) as well as enjoying a 15% discount.
- Watch the new Railway Empire short trailer
- Watch the Railway Empire – How to Play trailer
- Watch the Railway Empire gameplay trailer
In Railway Empire, you will create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network, purchase over 40 different trains modelled in extraordinary detail, and buy or build railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to keep your travel network ahead of the competition. You’ll also need to hire and manage your workforce if you want to ensure an efficient train service, whilst also develop over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to the trains themselves to workplace infrastructures and advanced amenities as you progress through five eras of technological innovations.
However, you can’t just build and research your way to the top – the competition never sleeps, and to keep your business on track you’ll have to survive against up to three rival tycoons. To get to the top you may have to resort to more cutthroat tactics as you attack and sabotage your opponents through raids and industrial espionage.
Features of Railway Empire
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
- Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
- Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game, and must be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies.
About The Kalypso Media Group
Celebrating its 11th year in the video games industry, the Kalypso Media Group is a privately owned, global, independent developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software with close to 100 employees worldwide, operating from seven offices across Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States. Kalypso Media has also established a digital-first label called “Kasedo Games” and enjoys very strong global digital distribution through its Kalypso Media Digital subsidiary. Furthermore, the group owns two development studios – Realmforge and Gaming Minds– to secure a constant supply of high quality games, and works with multiple leading independent developers. In 2015, Kalypso Media Mobile was founded in Hamburg, Germany, to deliver great games for mobile devices.
Kalypso Media‘s titles include the critically acclaimed “Tropico” series, strong strategy game franchises like “Dungeons”, “Port Royale” and “Sudden Strike”, as well as action RPG games such as “Vikings – Wolves of Midgard”, among others. For 2018 “Railway Empire”, “Shadows: Awakening” and “Tropico 6” have been announced for all major platforms (PC, Xbox One, PS4). Moreover, Kasedo Games has signed “Rise of Industry” for digital distribution, and Kalypso Mobile will release “Tropico 3” and “Dungeons 2” for tablet devices.
More information about the Kalypso Media Group is available athttp://www.kalypsomedia.com .