OWI is ready to welcome the masses into Squad! To make their second Steam free weekend more enjoyable and rewarding for the community, Alpha 9.2 launched with some improvements, a brand new urban map, and the much awaited server queuing system!
The free weekend runs from Thursday April 6th at 10 AM PST to Monday April 10th at 10 AM PST. In conjunction with the weekend, Squad will be on sale for 50% off and everything in the Squad merchandise store [store.joinsquad.com] will be 30% off.
- Auto-joins when there is room (Although that should be assumed.)
- No limits on queues as many people as long as they want.
- Queues split by public and reserve, reserve joins first.
- No more wasted loading times. No longer loading to see "Server is full".
Al Basrah is the first truly urban map in Squad, and it will be the first in a series of maps that are planned to be focused around dense urban centers. It was created by Squad’s modding community and was officially released in the Alpha 9.2 patch. Al Basrah is unforgiving street to street combat where the US Army is forced to penetrate the dense neighbourhoods and multistoried apartment blocks bristling with AKs and RPGs.
Original Squad Soundtrack Volume 2
Soundtrack Volume 2 will be added to the Squad music catalog very soon, and will be made freely available to those who already own volume 1. During the free weekend the soundtracks will also be available for 50% off.
Alpha 9.2 Changelog
- New Map: Al Basrah
- Added Server Queuing functionality to the Server Browser
- Added New Russian Ammo Crate from the community (Many thanks to Rincewind!)
- Fixed Ammo widget color transition is now more obvious (White > Yellow > Red > Black)
- Fixed Tweaks to n-wheeled vehicle movement to make small adjustments easier
- Fixed Hesco walls not having projectile collisions
- Fixed Vehicle turrets and sounds staying around for several seconds after vehicle destruction
- Fixed Yehorivka AAS v1 ammo crates below ground
- Fixed Updated tree collisions on Kohat to stop vehicles and players getting stuck
- Fixed minimum required view distance for the game to launch was set too low
- Fixed projectiles sometimes incapacitating players in close proximity without detonating
- Fixed some bullet penetration settings
- Fixed Scoreboard End of Round issue
- Optimized several shell ejection effects and improved performance on muzzle flash effects
ABOUT Offworld Industries LLC:
Offworld Industries LLC is an independent studio formed in 2014 by 15+ developers who had worked together for a combined 50+ years on the Project Reality Mod for Battlefield 2, with the founding purpose to bring a standalone successor to the acclaimed mod to market. Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team has brought on modders and industry professionals to form a 35+ man studio with the goal of bringing a new take on the large scale tactical shooter.
Official Site: http://joinsquad.com
Press Kit: http://press.joinsquad.co