Major Content Update for Critically Acclaimed Shooter Now Available for Free to Community, Game on Steam’s Weeklong Deal for $9.99
Denver, CO — March 26, 2014 — New World Interactive (NWI) is proud to announce that the first major content update for the gritty, team-based shooter INSURGENCY is now available. Titled Molotov Spring, this is the first of many major content updates NWI plans to deliver free of charge to its community. The update features two new maps, four new game modes, all new cooperative missions, an expanded arsenal, and more than 10 new achievements. To commemorate the update, INSURGENCY is available for PC and Mac OSX as a promotion on Steam’s weeklong deal for $9.99 (a 30% discount from the SRP of $14.99).
“We are committed to a long future for INSURGENCY, growing our player-base, and turning it into a strong platform to build upon,” said Jeremy Blum, founder and game director at NWI. “These major content updates are a win-win for our community and our team. We get to see the game improve as it gets closer to our ‘full’ vision while the community gets new gameplay on a semi-regular basis.”
Overview of Molotov Spring features:
- Two new maps: Buhriz and Revolt
- All new Cooperative Missions for all maps
- New weapons include FN FAL automatic rifle, ANM-14 incendiary grenade and Molotov cocktail
- Added weapon accesories include new scopes, foregrips for AKM/AKS assault rifles and suppressors
- Four new game modes:
- Infiltrate – New Capture the Flag inspired game mode where players must obtain enemy’s intel and return it to base.
- Occupy – New version of King of the Hill where a team must occupy the map in order to slowly force the enemy to run out of reinforcements.
- Flashpoint – A new objective-based respawn mode where there is only one capture point in the middle of the map and each team has two weapon caches. Capturing the point or destroying the caches will bring reinforcements to the team and clearing the entire area will result in victory.
- Vendetta - Brand new single-life mode where each team has a leader. Only the leader can capture an objective and must be protected. Capturing the objective or eliminating the enemy’s leader will result in victory.
- Extensive gameplay improvements and stability fixes.
Built on Valve’s Source Engine, INSURGENCY supports up to 32-person multiplayer and six-player cooperative, and showcases a training level as well as offline practice against AI to ease the learning curve for newcomers. The game is built for Windows®PC and Mac OS X and is in development for Linux.
# # #
ABOUT NEW WORLD INTERACTIVE
New World Interactive (“NWI”) is an independent game studio specializing in the development of innovative digital entertainment. NWI is one of the pioneering developers of “Early Access” games, leading the way of iterative design and community building to help build the future of gaming.