Custom colors, Gravity generator range settings, Construction deck, Multiplayer synchronization of ship systems
Prague, Czech Republic, February 20, 2014
Space Engineers update 01.018.023 has been released (number 18th update since the game launched on Early Access). The players can now create custom colors for blocks, change the gravity generator’s range settings and rename most of the objects that are available on the Control Panel (gyroscope, refinery, etc.).
The ship systems are now synchronized in multiplayer and there is a new construction deck (magnetic deck) added on the platform when starting a new game (world).
This video will demonstrate you the most important new features that have been added. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2aI_yQc6do&hd=1
Below is the full list of all the new Features and Fixes that have been implemented with this update:
- create custom colors for blocks (default by P key, SHIFT+P is color picker)
- configurable range of gravity generator
- multiplayer synchronization of ship systems - Lights, spotlight, motors, landing gears and the other functional blocks that can be used on ships are now synchronized
- rename most of the objects that are available on the Control Panel (gyroscope, refinery, etc.)
- added a construction deck (magnetic deck) on the platform when starting a new game (world)
- added a second (back) entrance to small ship cockpit
- renamed thrusts to thrusters
- renamed reflector light to spotlight
- added passage block (replaces the ladder block)
- minor performance optimizations
- fixed slowdown on some systems caused by timer frequency
- fixed explosion lags
- fixed explosion particle effect
- fixed projectile damage dealt to heavy armor (now it's more durable)
- fixed physical shape of drill
- fixed missiles ghosting through ship which launched it
- fixed mirroring of some blocks
- reduced memory usage when building blocks
- fixed issue when using CTRL+X on object which is controlled by another player
- fixed crash when copy/pasting station
To see all the updates and changes that have been implemented into the game, you can visit the Change log list - http://forums.keenswh.com/?forum=326211
Space Engineers is available for purchase on the developer’s web site: www.SpaceEngineersGame.com/buy.html, on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/244850 and at several other online distribution services.
Space Engineers is in alpha stage of development. Everything in the game is subject to change.
Marek Rosa’s development blog: http://blog.marekrosa.org
Press contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional contacts: http://www.keenswh.com/press.html
Developed by: http://www.keenswh.com
About Space Engineers:
Space Engineers is a sandbox game about engineering, construction and maintenance of space works. Players build space ships and space stations of various sizes and utilization (civil and military), pilot ships and perform asteroid mining.
Space Engineers utilizes a realistic volumetric-based physics engine: all objects can be assembled, disassembled, damaged and destroyed.
About Keen Software House:
Established in 2010 in Prague, Czech Republic, Keen Software House is an independent game development studio aiming to create games that are based on real science, real facts, real physics and real emotions. Company’s first title Miner Wars 2081 was released in 2012. Keen Software House develops its own in-house game engine VRAGE, currently in the second version and its core feature is volumetricity of the environment. Space Engineers is the first title fully utilizing VRAGE 2.0.
More information about Keen Software House is available at www.keenswh.com