QuakeCon Partners with The American Red Cross, 1UpOnCancer, Dallas Pets Alive!, Extra Life, nonPareil Institute and GameChanger
August 8, 2017 (Rockville, MD) — id® Software and Bethesda Softworks® are pleased to announce that QuakeCon will once again host several charitable organizations at their 2017 event. This year, the American Red Cross, 1UpOnCancer, Dallas Pets Alive!, Extra Life, nonPareil Institute and GameChanger will have a presence at the show, providing attendees with several opportunities to give back to the community.
“We’re honored to host a variety of charities at QuakeCon this year, giving our attendees more opportunities to support a cause that they really connect with,” said Pete Hines, VP of PR and Marketing, Bethesda Softworks. “Seeing the community band together to support these organizations has become one of the highlights of our show.”
QuakeCon 2017, the annual four-day video game festival featuring North America’s largest BYOC (Bring-Your-Own-Computer) LAN Party, will host the charitable organizations at the prestigious Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center in Dallas, Texas taking place Thursday, August 24 through Sunday, August 27, 2017. For more details on each organization's presence at QuakeCon check out the listings below.
- The Quakecon 2017 American Red Cross blood drive will be held August 25-26 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., in Fort Worth rooms 5-7. Help provide blood during the critical summer months by making an appointment online or signing up at the drive. Those coming to donate will receive a QuakeCon exclusive The Evil Within 2 ice pack, while supplies last.
**Donors must be at least 17 years old and meet American Red Cross requirements for donating blood, which can be found at http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/eligibility-requirements .
- 1UpOnCancer, an organization dedicated to providing direct financial assistance for adults undergoing cancer treatment, will be holding a silent auction at booth #105. Attendees can also stop by to contribute a charitable donation, play games at their booth and enter to win a custom The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® Xbox® One signed by the Bethesda Game Studios team.
- Dallas Pets Alive!, a local non-profit dedicated to promoting and providing the resources, education, and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals, will be onsite at booth #116 with adoptable dogs eager to find their forever homes.
- Extra Life, a peer-to-peer fundraising group that raises money for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals through the power of play, will be at booth #106 where they’ll be encouraging attendees to sign up for Extra Life 2017, a 24-hour gaming marathon where all proceeds raised are given to support local children's hospitals. Since 2008, Extra Life has raised more than $30 million for local CMN hospitals.
- nonPareil Institute, a non-profit dedicated to building brighter futures for adults on the autism spectrum, enabling them to acquire skills, learn teamwork and find their community, will be located at booth #115 hosting lightning round tournaments of Lightwire, a game developed by individuals currently attending the institute. They’ll also showcase a VR demo of an upcoming release called Light of Mine, and will be offering daily prizes for participants.
Bethesda Softworks has also partnered with GameChanger, a nonprofit dedicated to leveraging technology to ease the pain and suffering of children facing life-threatening illnesses, to hold an online event for fans unable to make it to the show. Starting August 24, visit https://tiltify.com/events/gamechanger-quake-con-2017-charity-stream for a chance to win Quake 1, Quake 2 and Quake Live digital codes.
About Bethesda Softworks
Bethesda Softworks, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is a worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software. Titles featured under the Bethesda label include such blockbuster franchises as The Elder Scrolls®, DOOM®, QUAKE®, Fallout®, Wolfenstein®, Dishonored®, The Evil Within™, Prey® and RAGE®. For more information on Bethesda Softworks’ products, visit www.bethsoft.com .
About id Software
id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, has provided technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1991. id Software’s iconic brands such as Wolfenstein, DOOM, QUAKE and Enemy Territory have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. More information on id Software can be found at www.idsoftware.com .
QuakeCon is an annual celebration of games and the people who play them. Founded in 1996 by a group of friends on IRC, QuakeCon has grown to become one of the most distinguished festivals in gaming, welcoming thousands of gamers from around the globe to participate in the annual four-day event. QuakeCon features North America’s largest BYOC (Bring-Your-Own-Computer) LAN Party, tournaments, exhibits, workshops, sneak peeks of Bethesda’s upcoming games, and more. QuakeCon is free and open to the public thanks to the support of id Software, Bethesda Softworks, the QuakeCon volunteer staff, and its event sponsors and exhibitors.
QuakeCon 2017 will take place the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center Thursday, August 24 th – Sunday, August 27 th. For more information visit: www.quakecon.org .