Kalypso Media to distribute latest instalment of Stardock’s 4X strategy epic title
Bracknell, UK – 30th June 2014 – Kalypso Media is pleased to announce that they will be distributing Stardock’s latest instalment in the highly acclaimed Sins of a Solar Empire series across EMEA territories*. Developed by Ironclad Games, Sins: Rebellion - New Frontiers Edition will further expand the universe of the award winning RT4X strategy game: bringing players the all-new ‘Forbidden Worlds’ DLC together with the Sins: Rebellion stand-alone expansion to create one comprehensive experience.
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – New Frontiers Edition combines the tactics of real-time strategy with the depth of the 4X genre (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate). Create a galactic empire, master culture and trade, prove diplomatic skills, explore new technologies and command powerful space fleets to conquer your enemies.
The retail version will also contain exclusive items: including a poster and digital soundtrack. Kalypso has also released a new trailer showing some of the outstanding visuals you can expect to experience as you strive for galactic supremacy battling against fearsome alien factions.
Features of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – New Frontiers Edition.
- Six Factions: Decide whether to play as a Loyalist or Rebel – each faction unlocks new technologies, ships and play styles for each race.
- More Planets: Colonize and exploit four new planet types (Barren, Ferrus, Greenhouse, Oceanic), each created with beautiful high-res textures.
- Planet Specialization System: Dedicate your worlds to either social or industrial output.
- New Titan and Corvette Class Warships: Mighty Titans and small versatile corvettes enter the fray of the war to tip the scales of power.
- Updated Capital Ships: All existing capital ships have been updated with four new ability levels.
- Additional Planet Bonuses: Discover more than 40 new planet bonuses during your exploration of the galaxy, unlocking the dark past of the Sins’ universe.
- Great Visuals: Updated graphics, particle effects, lighting and shadows, race specific UI and other enhancements make the Sins universe look better than ever.
- Various Victory Conditions: Take multiple paths to victory including Military, Diplomacy, Research, Last Flagship Standing, Last Capital Standing and Occupation.
- Tutorials: New and updated tutorials make it easy for both experienced and new players to quickly start building their own solar empire.
- Extra content: In box poster and digital soundtrack included.
- Note to editors.