LONDON, UK – 23rd October 2013 – Tikipod Ltd announces that the award winning and TIGA nominated shmup ‘ Aqua Kitty – Milk Mine Defender’ will be available for purchase via digital download from GOG.com and Desura.com from October 28th 2013.
THE GAME STORY
Due to a sudden shortage of milk, cats around the world are forced to seek out new sources to get their fix.
You and your team of milk mining kittens have overcome a fear of water to drill down under the ocean seabed and begin extracting vast reserves of what seems to be naturally forming full-fat milk.
Get ready for fast paced submarine action, defending the kittens from disruptive mechanical sea creatures.
THE MILK MUST FLOW!
This PC version of Aqua Kitty is an enhanced 720p version of the action shooter - originally a hit Sony PSMobile launch title (PSVita and other devices) – which reviewed with scores of 8/10 or higher.
A list of reviews can be found here - http://tikipod.com/aquakitty/
BEST PSM GAME OF 2012 – http://www.psnstores.com/2013/01/psnstores-2012-game-of-the-year-awards/
Nominated for for best VITA GAME 2013 - http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/pgawards2013.asp
Nominated for BEST ARCADE GAME from a small studio 2013 - http://awards.tiga.org/awards_categories.php
Aqua Kitty has a Steam Greenlight page. Want to save the kitties and pump milk on Steam? Then head over to http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93326437 and VOTE.
Aqua Kitty is a 2D pixel drawn arcade shooter, created with a love of the 16-bit gaming era and late 80s video arcade games. The new PC version features 2 player co-op, additional levels and enemies as well as other enhancements.
· 2 player local co-op.
· Fast paced horizontally scrolling looping underwater levels.
· Branching map progression of levels.
· Varying sea depths per level that subtly affect gameplay.
· A dual firing submarine with a rechargeable secondary weapon that needs to be managed carefully (upgrades through game progress).
· A variety of mechanical enemies to encounter each with differing behaviours.
· Chain kill combo system allowing the more skilled player to maximise score.
· Depth based power-up system that gives partial control on the type and location of the power-ups created (allowing tactical advantage).
· Both level high score and 100% kitten saviour challenges.
· For the super hard-core god-like players, a classic infinite and milk-free level that never ever ends.
· Hand drawn 16-bit era styled pixel art graphics, displayed at a crisp 720p.
· Awesome chiptune music taking inspiration from the best of the C64 and Amiga days.
AQUA KITTY DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Dugan Jackson, Art:
Forced to spend his youth playing Amiga and PC Engine games with a spot of drawing pixel art (with Deluxe Paint) in-between. All that research and practice has now paid off in the resulting beauty of Aqua Kitty’s artwork.
Wrote his first game in Basic on ZX81. Twenty-some years later and he is still writing games.
Electric Café, Audio:
Having been fed a strict kitty diet of C64 and Amiga games in his early years Mark now draws upon those musical influences in his own music. All those synth squelches and wobbles combined with kick ass beats provide a retro framework for the Aqua Kitty Soundtrack!
ABOUT TIKIPOD LTD
Based in London UK, Tikipod Ltd has been an independent games development company since 2009 and is run by Dugan Jackson. As well as developing its own titles Tikipod works with other companies on their games such as:
Gravity Crash – for JAW Ltd.
Eufloria PSN – for OmniLabs.
Stealth Bastard/Deluxe/Inc – for Curve Studios.
ADDITIONAL GAME INFORMATION
Aqua Kitty PC VIMEO trailer – https://vimeo.com/77406964
Aqua Kitty PC Youtube trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz_VF3Bpnos
Aqua Kitty website – http://tikipod.com/aquakitty/
Aqua Kitty assets - http://tikipod.com/aquakitty/Aquakittypc_presspack.zip
Aqua Kitty has a Steam Greenlight page - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93326437
The full game soundtrack by Electric Cafe ( http://www.electriccafeonline.com/) is now available for download at: