Competitive Puzzle Game Available as Free Download
NEW YORK CITY - Oct. 31, 2013 - Jam Labs, Inc., an independent game developer formed by MIT graduates, today announced that Shape Jam, their debut app, is now available on iOS and Android platforms . Shape Jam, a competitive puzzle game with brain-bending, tricky gameplay, is available for free on the App Store and Google Play, with a premium version also available via in-app purchase for $1.99. Casual players and puzzle fiends alike will find a new challenge in Shape Jam, with sleek, minimalist graphics and quick ‘anytime, anywhere’ play sessions that keep the game focused on the core experience.
Shape Jam can be downloaded now on the App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shape-jam/id653541799?ls=1&mt=8 and on Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamlabsinc.shapejam.
In Shape Jam, players must quickly match tiles into groups where each of the tiles' three elements must either all differ or be identical. This one rule presents a tricky, brain-twisting challenge, requiring players to think fast in order to pick correct matches from the field. Shape Jam’s features include:
· Match 3^3: Ordinary match-3 gameplay gives way to a greater challenge, where matches require players to pay close attention to multiple factors
· Whose Brain is in Shape? Challenge friends or strangers in competitive head-to-head matches and record your best scores; keep a running score tally for intellectual rivalry
· It's Your Jam: Elegant minimalist presentation and rapid games keep players in the zone, with nothing to get between brains and challenges. Detailed game statistics reveal just how well one is playing, tracking personal progress and improvement
· Play Anywhere, Anytime - SERIOUSLY: Get caught up on asynchronous matches even without an internet connection; play your turns offline and then sync up when you have access
· Hone your skills and top the table: The premium version of Shape Jam ($1.99, in-app purchase) includes leaderboards and detailed game statistics as well as a single player practice mode, allowing players to hone their skills and compare their progress with friends.
To see Shape Jam in action, check out the trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHg_xL3AzpQ. A press kit with assets and more information can be found at http://www.triplepointpr.com/dl/ShapeJam/ShapeJamPressKit.zip.
To learn more:
- WEB: http://www.shapejamgame.com/
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/shapejam
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/shapejam
About Jam Labs, Inc.
Jam Labs is a two-man development and consulting team of MIT graduates turned software engineers. Based in New York City and steeped in startup culture, Jam Labs' founders worked on cloud-based business technology at Yext before striking out on their own. Jam Labs' first game, Shape Jam, is coming to the App Store and Google Play Market this fall.
Jesse Henning, TriplePoint for Jam Labs