There are even more opportunities for Pokémon video game players to battle others around the world in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Seven new Online Competitions were just announced by The Pokémon Company International, in addition to the 2014 International Challenge May, currently in progress.
The worldwide tournament series provides numerous opportunities for new and experienced Pokémon competitors to battle others online. Some events even reward top players with Championship Points, which count toward invitations to the 2014 Pokémon World Championships taking place August 16–17 in Washington, DC.
Here’s the upcoming Pokémon video game Online Competitions schedule:
May 16–18: 2014 International Challenge May. Registration is closed.
June 6–8: Think Fast Competition: Single Battle.
Late June: 2014 International Challenge June.
July: Eevee Friendly Match [Name TBD].
July: All Star Battle [Name TBD].
August: Think Fast Competition: Double Battle.
Autumn: Fairy-type Cup [Name TBD].
Autumn: Halloween Party [Name TBD].
· Players have the opportunity to earn Championship Points toward a possible invitation to the 2014 Pokémon World Championships by participating in the 2014 International Challenge May or June tournaments.
· The Think Fast Competition: Single Battle will test players’ quick thinking. Each round is limited to one 10-minute Single Battle, with a 30-second preview of the opponent’s Pokémon and 15 seconds to choose a move each turn.
· Only Eevee and its many evolved forms can participate in the Eevee Friendly Match [Name TBD]. The Rotation Battle format adds a fun component to this competition.
· The July All Star Battle [Name TBD] will use the Double Battle format. Up to two Legendary and Mythical Pokémon can be included on a team, a rare occurrence in Pokémon Online Competitions!
· In August, the Think Fast Competition: Double Battle will require players to go into battle without seeing a preview of their opponent’s Pokémon team, and each player can have only one Pokémon in reserve, for a total of three Pokémon per side in each battle.
· Look forward to the Fairy-type Cup [Name TBD] this fall, a competition where entry will be limited to Fairy-type Pokémon. The battle format is to be determined.
· In a special competition for the Halloween season, the Halloween Party [Name TBD] will have a special Single Battle competition for Ghost-type Pokémon only. Also, every contestant’s Battle Box must include Gourgeist!
Registration deadlines for the Think Fast Competition: Single Battle and the 2014 International Challenge June are coming up quickly. Players can visit Pokemon.com and the Pokémon Global Link ( Pokemon.com/PGL) for more information on each Online Competition that will be posted soon, including rules and regulations. All Online Competition battles are played in the Pokémon X or Pokémon Y game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.