‘The Pursuit’ Delivers Impressive Weapon Upgrades, Unique Perks and Powerful Defense Tower Additions
Skövde, Sweden – October 22, 2013 – Acclaimed indie development team Coffee Stain Studios announced today its third DLC expansion pack for Sanctum 2 on PC, the inventive fusion of tower-defense and first-person shooter genres, will release on October 25 via Steam. In Sanctum 2: The Pursuit players will pursue a major enemy from the end of the second DLC storyline – Ruins of Brightholme –and will discover impressive weapons, powerful tower options, fun perks, and much more in this thrilling DLC update.
“We had a lot of fun developing this segment of the Sanctum 2 storyline,” said Anton Westberg, CEO of Coffee Stain Studios. “With The Pursuit, we wanted to make it even more action oriented as players chase down an arch enemy. I think the thrilling hunt combined with the cool new options make this one of the more entertaining DLC updates.”
The new Drone Launcher, a featured weapon in Sanctum 2: The Pursuit
The Pursuit Key Features:
- Rad Weaponry – Take advantage of two new weapons: Grenade Launcher and Drone Launcher. The Grenade Launcher fires bouncing explosives that includes a cluster grenade option while the Drone Launcher sends smart aerial drones to attack enemies in a swarm of laser fire or a “suicide option” where drones crash into foes for explosive damage.
- Towers of Power – Two new towers power-up the available defensive options. The Friendship Laser fires a single-shot laser and will also channel laser power to neighboring Friendship Laser towers, amplifying damage against monsters. The Mind Control Spire changes enemies into allies that attack other monsters for a few seconds.
- Tougher Opposition – New adversaries include the aggressive and highly armored Heavy Pup and the flying Bliskeblaske that changes when taking damage into a more hardened, defensive form.
- Sweet Perks – Seven new perks give gamers additional skills including the ability to call for defensive shield reinforcements, increased damage when firing next to a tower, and the lightning “Zeus Module” that dramatically upgrades tower damage.
- Four Additional Map s – Each of the four new map levels are introduced with their own comic book style pages, giving players a deeper view into The Pursuit story.
Sanctum 2 is now available worldwide for $14.99 on PC, Xbox LIVE® and the PlayStation®Network. For the latest news and updates on Sanctum 2 , visit www.coffeestainstudios.com, ‘ Like’ the game on Facebook and follow the development team @Coffee_Stain.
# # #
ABOUT COFFEE STAIN STUDIOS
Coffee Stain Studios is a game development studio based in Skövde, Sweden. The company was founded in 2010 and focuses on quality game productions for multiple platforms. Their first game Sanctum was part of the “Make Something Unreal” competition and helped them sign a five year licensing agreement with Epic Games. Sanctum ended up selling over 600,000 copies on Steam, which helped Coffee Stain Studios self-finance the development of Sanctum 2.
ABOUT REVERB PUBLISHING
Launched in 2010, Reverb Publishing offers digital publishing to independent game developers, combining production and business development support paired with the proven public relations and marketing agency expertise from its parent company, Reverb Communications. Reverb’s unique model is form fitted for studios, ensuring they receive the majority of the game’s revenue and maintain ownership of their titles while Reverb handles non-developmental tasks including production support, navigating QA, and preparing for product submission.
For more information about Reverb Publishing, please visit www.reverbpublishing.com.