De Mambo, the spicy action platformer for 1-4 players is out now on the Nintendo Switch™ eShop for the bite-sized price of £9.99/€10.99/$12.99. Get it while it’s hot!
The Dangerous Kitchen’s first born, De Mambo was created solely for pleasure… as you engage in Mambo Combat! Grab a Joy-Con™, charge your measly one button and release at different times to do three different attacks! Knock your opponents off the screen and break the level however you decide (thanks to some flimsy architecture), to make your game marginally different each time you play.
De Mambo launches with 3 modes; ‘Mambo’ where 2-4 players battle it out until one is left standing; ‘Solo’ mode where one player feasts on a mélange of 70+ salivating gameplay challenges; and ‘Survival’ mode the 1-4 player mode where you try and survive… from an onslaught of the evil Personal-space Invaders.
The Dangerous Kitchen will prepare a healthy dose of new content for De Mambo after release, including 26 more ‘Mambo’ levels and new ways to play.
Watch the launch trailer here.
Lucy Dove (Designer and producer)
“Nintendo has always been a haven for local multiplayer, and the Switch seems like a natural extension of this. The Switch gives us the opportunity to bring De Mambo to an audience of players hungry for local multiplayer experiences."
Amit Rai (Coder and animator)
“This being our first game and all, we’re absolutely terrified at how people will react when they play the final version. It’s been such a crazy-long journey and we’re just happy that soon we won’t have to work on this godforsaken game any longer.”
Shaun Roopra (Artist and writer)
“We’re so happy with the game we ended up making, how fun all three modes are and the amount we achieved with so little. It took a while and we died mentally, physically and probably spiritually too, but we wouldn’t change it for the world.”
Review Copies & Media contact
To request a code for reviewing De Mambo, for interviews or any other enquiries, please email email@example.com
Hyper Japan Expo
De Mambo will be exhibited at the Hyper Japan Expo on July 14th to 16th which will be at our old friend the Tobacco Dock!
Them's fightin' words!
- One Button Action – easy to learn, hard to master gameplay designed to use one action button and the Directional Buttons/Left Stick for movement
- Mambo Multiplayer – roughhouse up to four of your friends/enemies in 25 stages of ‘Mambo’
- Flimsy Architecture – breakable environment for reactive gameplay
- Loser Rail – the feature designed to give you a second chance, for those of you not good enough to win
- Solo Mode – 70+ Singleplayer stages designed to test your might
- Survival Mode – Survive the endless waves of Personal-Space invaders as they try and breach your personal space
- Play with up to four players on one Nintendo Switch™ system
- Colour Accessibility – Enhance player visibility, by editing a palette of player colours that best suit you
- Release Date Japan: June 29th
- Release Date Rest of World: July 13th
- Price: £9.99, €10.99, $12.99, ¥1,500
De Mambo is a chaotic and fast paced single-screen action platform game that lets players take control of up to four characters locked in infinite mambo! The aim of the game is to knock your opponent off the screen… and use your measly one button to attack with three levels of charge. Break the level however you decide (thanks to some flimsy architecture) to make your game marginally different each time you play.
About The Dangerous Kitchen
The Dangerous Kitchen is like that nostalgic, homemade dish you loved as a child. The one you rushed home from school for. The dish that even now, the thought of devouring it, melts your mind. Now imagine that dish was spiked with a ton of hot sauce. Yep, that’s us in a nutshell. We also make games and are based in London, England.