Premium console headset focuses on sound quality, comfort and wireless reliability
For Release on June 13, 2017:
LOS ANGELES (E3 2017) – Razer ™, the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today announced the Razer Thresher Ultimate wireless headsets for Xbox One and PlayStation® 4. Both models are PC compatible.
The Razer Thresher Ultimate delivers wireless Dolby 7.1 surround sound for the most immersive audio experience possible on console. The headset is capable of the highest audio bandwidth on console, delivering the highest highs and the lowest lows.
Large 50 mm drivers pump directional audio into each leatherette ear cup, cushioned with memory foam for state-of-the-art comfort, sound quality and noise isolation. Also available are cooling-gel infused ear cushions designed for even longer hours of comfortable gameplay.
The Razer Thresher Ultimate is also the most reliable wireless console headset designed with a connection range up to 40 feet.
The headset comes with a retractable digital microphone for clear voice communication thanks to a unidirectional mic boom design. On-headset controls for mic volume, game and voice chat balance (on PlayStation 4) and master volume (on Xbox One) allow for quick access to every important audio setting.
“We are taking our expertise in designing the very best PC gaming hardware into the console arena,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. “These are the most reliable and best-sounding wireless console headsets ever made.”
Razer’s rich history in hardware continues to extend into console. The Thresher Ultimate is joined by Razer’s tournament-grade Wildcat and Raiju controllers, while the company’s Atrox and Panthera fightsticks are used by the most renowned professional fighting game players.
The Razer Thresher Ultimate is an officially licensed accessory designed for the Xbox One family of devices, compatible with Xbox One, Xbox One S and Xbox One X. Both the Xbox One version and the PlayStation 4 version are shipping in June.
U.S. $249.99 / EU €279.99
Razerzone.com – June 2017
Worldwide – July 2017
- 50 mm Driver – For powerful lifelike audio
- 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound – For best-in-class positional audio
- 2.4 Ghz Wireless Lag-free wireless
- On-Headset Controls – Quickly adjust mic & master volume
- Noise-isolating Leatherette Ear Cushions – Stay completely focused on your game
- Comfortable with eyewear – With foam indentations for temple relief
- Retractable Boom Mic – Stows completely in ear cup
- Comes with headset stand & audio hub base station
- Dimensions of headset: 196 mm(W) * 214 mm(H) * 104.8 mm(D)
- Approximate Weight of headset: 408 g / 0.89 lbs.
- Radio Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Dolby® Headphone technology
- Wireless Range: 40 ft. / 12 m
- Frequency Response: 12 - 28,000 Hz
- Impedance: 32O at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz, 1 V/Pa): 105 dB +/- 2 dB
- Drivers: 50 mm, with neodymium magnets
- Estimated Battery Life: 16 hours
- Charging Time: 4 Hours
- Frequency Response: 100 - 10,000 Hz
- Sensitivity (@1kHz, 1V/Pa): -42 ± 2dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >55 dB
- Boom Mic Design: Uni-directional
For more information about the Razer Thresher, please visit
Razer™ is the world’s leading lifestyle brand for gamers.
The triple-headed snake trademark of Razer is one of the most recognized logos in the world, with a fan base that spans every continent. The company has designed and built one of the largest integrated hardware and software platforms for gamers with over 35 million users. Razer is transforming interactive entertainment across multiple platforms, including the PC, console and mobile.
Razer’s award-winning products include an array of hardware and software. Among its signature products are high-performance PC and console peripherals, the Razer Blade line of gaming laptops, software services such as Razer Cortex (a game optimizer and launcher), and zGold (a virtual currency and payment engine for gamers). The company additionally provides audiovisual certification and IP development services through its subsidiary THX Ltd.
Founded in 2005 and headquartered in San Francisco, Razer is backed by Horizons Ventures, Digital Grid, Intel Capital, IDG-Accel and Temasek.
For more information, visit http://www.razerzone.com/about-razer .
Razer - For Gamers. By Gamers. ™
# # #