Retro-platformer will be out on February 21st, huge update on PCp/>
Vienna Austria, Aalborg, Denmark, January 12th 2018: The Kickstarter financed game Rad Rodgers brings back the 90's-era PC platformer with a game inspired by classics like Commander Keen, Conker, Ruff'n'Tumble & Jazz Jackrabbit.
See the latest trailer: https://youtu.be/98eFBPt53UE
Download the Assets: http://n.thq.com/Q8Ue30hGP6Y
Developer Slipgate Studios and Publisher THQ Nordic will release Rad Rodgers on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system
and across the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X on February 21st. The SRP is 19,99 € - all owners of the PC-Version will get a free update (which is already part of the console-version) including:
- Leaderboards: Gain Scores at the end of each level, and battle with friends to reach the top of the leaderboards.
- Hats: Unlock more than 20 different hats throughout the game, and customize Rad Rodgers.
- New Pogo Vertigo Bonus Levels: Grab a Pogo Stick, and see how far you can get in the new Pogo Vertigo vertical levels.
- New Unlockables: Unlock behind the scenes artwork throughout the game.
- New Pixelverse Puzzles: Pixelverses have been redesigned, and now include brand new types of Puzzles.
- 5 New Levels! Fight through 3 new Pogostick Levels, and 2 massive new levels. The Rainforest Rampage, and Raging Ruins.
- Minibosses! Introducing 2 minibosses throughout the game.
- 4 New Enemies! The new Spiky Jellyfish, Powerful Laserheads, and 2 new Minibosses brings new and exciting challenges to the Rad Rodgers enemy roster.
- Brand new weapon! The legendary "Excalibat" from Rise of the Triad, makes a return to Rad Rodgers. Become invincible and smack your way through hordes of enemies with the mighty Excalibat.
Rad is a rambunctious but spirited young boy who maybe plays too many video games. After dozing off at the tail end of a long night of gaming, Rad awakens to find his dusty old console has turned itself back on. Suddenly a vortex emerges and he's sucked into his TV, where he finds himself the star in his very own video game adventure.
Dusty is Rad's good-hearted but foul-mouthed, now-sentient game console. His clock speed isn't what it used to be, but what he lacks for in megahertz he makes up for with experience and attitude!
Rad & Dusty's adventure begins in the First World, taking them through seven dangerous stages of action-packed, humor-filled, hardcore platforming fun. This decaying jungle world has been infected by a fierce corruption, and it's up to the unlikely buddy-duo Rad and Dusty to save the jungle's inhabitants and restore the Elder Tree as guardian of the land.
- Weapons: Dusty arms Rad with a variety of radical bad-ass weaponry. The Bolt Blaster has unlimited ammo, is easy to use, and more than enough firepower to get the job done. The Phoenix Cannon shoots out a fiery bird whose wingspan lights enemies ablaze as it flies by. There are 5+ weapons in this first chapter, with more to come.
- Sounds & Music: Our composer Andrew Hulshult combined his years of musical experience (both performing and writing) with his passion for retro-style gaming to create an amazing and authentic soundtrack for the game complete with MIDI-inspired music... And synthesizers!
- The Pixelverse: While Rad and Dusty are a great team, only Dusty can enter the electrified Pixelverse -- a dangerous spacetime-breaking region that exists behind the game world. Dusty enters the Pixelverse when necessary to repair glitches in the running game world, allowing both Rad & Dusty to continue their journey.
- Classic Easter Eggs: The game features hard-to-find collectibles in sometimes even harder-to-find classic secret rooms. Use your precision platforming skills to collect 'em all.
PR Contact THQ Nordic
Stephanie Harman, PR THQ Nordic
Tel.: +43(0)664 88737 217
Florian Emmerich, PR THQ Nordic
Tel.: +43(0)664 88737 218
About THQ Nordic
Founded in 2011, THQ Nordic is a global video game publisher and developer. Based in Vienna, Austria and Karlstad, Sweden with subsidiaries in Germany, Sweden, and the USA, THQ Nordic brands include Darksiders, MX vs. ATV, Red Faction, Titan Quest, Biomutant and many more.
THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve.
The company’s internal development studios are Grimlore Games based in Munich, Germany; Rainbow Studios based in Phoenix, Arizona; Mirage Game Studios AB based in Karlstad, Sweden; Foxglove Studios AB based in Stockholm, Sweden; Black Forest Games based in Offenburg, Germany, Pieces Interactive based in Skoevde, Sweden, and Experiment 101 based in Stockholm, Sweden.
About 3D Realms
Established in 1987, 3D Realms (formerly Apogee Software) is one of gaming’s oldest and most fabled publishers, responsible for the success of hit classics like Commander Keen, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem, and dozens more. Led today by Mike Nielsen. Frederik Schreiber, Josh Olin, and original founder Scott Miller, 3D Realms has returned to its roots on a mission to help indie game developers navigate the complex and ever-evolving world of bringing video games to market.
About Slipgate Studios
Established in 2017, Slipgate Studios was formed by the former Interceptor Entertainment team.
Slipgate is an independent Game Development Studio based in Aalborg, Denmark, led by a team of dedicated and talented professionals. The team is a long-time partner of 3D Realms, and was responsible for the critically acclaimed First Person Shooter Rise of the Triad, which won several awards. Most recently the team successfully released the first version of Rad Rodgers, partnered with THQ Nordic and started development on a new version of Rad Rodgers.