MANHATTAN KS, September 5, 2017 – Indie team Breakerbox Studios heads to Kickstarter this September to launch their campaign for Griff the Winged Lion: A low-poly love letter to the 64-bit platforming era that sees our eponymous hero embarking on an enemy-smashing, gold-collecting adventure through 10 mythically inspired worlds.
Griff the Winged Lion is an 3D platformer in the classic PS1 & 64-bit era style with authentic styles and sounds, but made today and set for Steam/PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. A true passion project being developed by a group of long-time friends with a deep love for that gaming era, Griff aims to honor those plucky mid-to-late 90's mascots we grew up with such as Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon while also bringing its own unique elements to the table.
“Griff was first conceived in 2013 while I was playing Spyro on the original Playstation (one of my all-time favorite games). I was feeling nostalgic for it the same way I feel nostalgic for many old PC, NES and SNES titles. I knew instantly that I wanted to create a game that looked and played like an original Playstation title. Crash and Spyro were coming up on two decades old and gamers everywhere were still talking about and playing them constantly. If millions of gamers were nostalgic for these games, then it seemed to me a retro 3D revolution would inevitably take place.“ said Jake Pawloski, Breakerbox Founder and lead artist on the game.
With the Crash Bandicoot remaster such a phenomonal hit this year, it feels like the time may be ripe for an early PlayStation platformer revival.
Platforms & Target Release Dates: Steam + Xbox One - Holiday 2018 | PS4 - Spring 2019
- A new level of retro: Switch between PS1, N64 & Dreamcast visual styles.
- Glide across chasms, avoid deadly hazards, and earn new abilities in your quest.
- 10 mythological realms filled with colorful creatures & characters.
- A fun-filled character driven story line with full voiceover dialogue.
- 5 playable characters and a variety of challenging minigames.
- Shatter enemies, objects and scenery into collectible gold pieces.
- Reveal new paths and turn objects into gold for puzzle solving too.
- Take down a slew of challenging, beastly foes and insane bosses.
- Purchase special costumes and wings like Pegasus and Phoenix.
Breakerbox is an indie studio with several close friends working together. We've developed titles for Steam, GooglePlay, The Apple App Store, Amazon App Store and Big Fish Games. We love traditional and computer animation, (especially traditional) and desire to eventually work our way into animated film.
Useful Links & Contact Info
- Website: http://www.breakerboxstudios.com/
- Trailer & YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cieP8tcoOA
- Email: Jake@breakerboxstudios.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BreakerboxJake/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GriffTWL/