Watch the Magical Unboxing Video Below!
We're only a week away from the launch of Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, so we figured this would be a good time to take a closer look at the launch edition of the game with an unboxing video! Since the gorgeous art style of the game brings a world filled with intriguing characters, rich history, and beautiful lands to life, we created bonus items that celebrate the game's bewitching aesthetics. Here's what you'll get when you pre-order or otherwise grab a limited launch edition of the game (launch edition currently applicable to the Americas only):
- Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception Compendium Art Book - This 50-page softcover art book contains art/information about some of the unlikely heroes, fantastical creatures, exotic locales and more! The book also features concept art and developer notes that show a glimpse of the creative process behind building a mystical world. Oh, and it also includes information about the mighty Yamato Empire and its surrounding nations that'll serve as a guide to those unfamiliar with the Utawarerumono series. Preview the compendium here: https://issuu.com/atlususa/docs/uta2_artbook_01c_issuu_pages
- Collector's Slipcase - The physical game and art book will be enveloped by a protective slipcase.
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception features:
- An Unforgettable Story - Mask of Deception offers a story-rich visual novel experience (40-50+ hours long) that lets players shape the future of a fully realized world filled with fantastical lore and history! Mask of Deception sets up the story for a thrilling conclusion in Mask of Truth, and we'll reveal more information about the final game at a later date.
- An Active SRPG Battle System - Players will need to defend Haku and his friends by engaging in intense SRPG combat with the various hostiles that populate the world. The battle system is a thrilling mix of turn-based tactics and Attack Chain mechanics. Players can remain active during combat by successfully completing timing-based charging rings to execute critical attacks or vital dodges/blocks.
- Fully Fleshed Out Combat - Unique combat features such as the rewind function, elemental affinities/weaknesses, unique character skills, and more add a layer of depth to fights. It'll take true tactical acumen to emerge victorious in battle!
- Breathtaking Art - With a stunning art style and beautifully rendered cutscenes, the game is a feast for the eyes for Japanese visual novel and anime aficionados!
- Beautiful Songs and a Thrilling Score - The rousing music, recorded and remastered at the legendary Abbey Road Studios and EastWest Studios, is a perfect soundtrack to accompany a great adventure.
Plus, the game will be receiving two new DLC characters that can help during battles. The sword wielding Tamaki and spear thrusting Sasara will be available for purchase when the game launches on May 23. Details below:
- Sasara Samurai Costume - $2.99
- Sasara Swimsuit Costume - $2.99
- Tamaki Samurai Costume - $2.99
- Tamaki Swimsuit Costume - $2.99
- Costume Set - $8.99
Atlus U.S.A., Inc. has become known across the industry as a mark of high-quality, deeply immersive, uniquely Japanese video game experiences. With award-winning titles that reach across a variety of genres and platforms, including the Shin Megami Tensei® and Persona® series of role-playing games, the ground-breaking action-adventure/puzzle game Catherine™, and the much-celebrated RPG Demon's Souls™, Atlus is committed to offering the highest standard in interactive entertainment experiences. www.atlus.com
# # #