FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
USA, Gainesville Florida -- Feb 23, 2014 -- Platinum Arts Sandbox Game Maker is now on Steam Greenlight featuring in game editing, coop editing, dynamic lighting, crossplatform support and advanced networking with the goal of adding visual scripting and many more features listed below. Users will be able to rapidly create games of many different genres and require little to no prior coding experience. Sandbox is available for Windows, Linux and Mac and is based on the Cube 2 Engine.
Youtube Map and Game Mode Showcase:
- In game level editing where environments and whole worlds can quickly be created. Also maps can be edited cooperatively with friends/teams/etc.
- Merging everything into one easily moddable codebase with significantly cleaned up code that is easy to navigate. A lot of the code will be switched over to the new scripting language to make it much easier and quicker to modify.
- Anglescript and possibly the option for the Lua scripting language to make it to easily modify movement, weapons, NPCs, dialogue, quests, add and create monsters, vehicles, and an inventory eventually for RPG games
- Significantly Improved graphics engine and real time lighting (thanks to Eihrul!)
- Bullet Physics
- UI Improvements including more professional looking, widgets, workflow optimization
- Camera easily adjusted (easy to switch to 3rd person, 1st person, isometric, top down, etc)
- Improve movie recording ease of use
- Updated Particle Editor and System including improved weather system
- Train-path entities and camera linkable to it
- Triggers - (once, multiple, etc)
- Improved AI and ability to add monsters/creatures/NPCs and create different monster types/sets through script
- Improved Foliage system including multiple grass heights and possibly a speed tree type system
- Easily set up to create a " video game" format vs editing format so people can't edit/change a released video game (easily remove edit mode, set up launcher to go into the game, even just good instructions would help)
- Better model collisions
- Improved texture managing. Easier to import textures and in game texture editor/modifier. Also easier to use blendmaps/texture painting
- Around 1000+ exclusive textures
- Many models will be added that can be used commercially
- All content can be used commercially
- Constantly updated and improved on the listed features at NO CHARGE. This includes neat upstream updates from the Cube 2 engine!
Possible Mode Features (added through script files):
- Vehicle mode (including ability to make planes)
- Hide and Seek
- Digging and building
- Random terrain generator
- Parkour Doublejump/wall jump
- Customizable waves for wavemode /dmsp
- Ease of use for setup
- Client syncing for coop edit (all textures and models)*
- Server admin tools (permissions, editing boundaries)*
- Make goto more noticable and perhaps set a "home" waypoint to teleport*
- Forced getmap/sendmap/serverside*
- Heightmap editing on servers*
- Potential features. They need to be tried and tested for viability before released as actual features. Other methods may prove better.
- A full featured website coupled with the new sandbox to promote user interaction and project and portfolio sharing
- Dedicated documentation writers along with tutorials both text and video.
My name is Mike and I originally started the Project in 2007 because I wanted the kids in my before and afterschool program (K-5) to be able to create more than just 2D art on the computers, I wanted them to be able to create worlds and stories too! I wanted them to be able to unleash their imaginations and walk around in it. I ended up releasing the project online and it ended up taking off and now is being used worldwide and I'm really excited to say has changed people's lives in very positive ways and saved at least one child's life. The project is free and open source and will always have a free and open source version but to help fund the development and new features we want to add we've decided to start a Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight Project to help fund a commercial version. The commercial version would be too intensive graphically for schools anyway but I'm hoping to port over a lot of the core features so that everyone can benefit if the commercial version is a success. Thank you for your time.