Celebrate spring with new rides and new features for Planet Coaster
Cambridge, UK. 11 April 2017. Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) today launched the new Planet Coaster Spring Update, available for FREE to all Planet Coaster players.
See the new Planet Coaster Spring Update trailer here.
Planet Coaster’s Spring Update is Planet Coaster’s second major expansion following December’s Winter Update, offering new creative opportunities for Planet Coaster players. The Planet Coaster Spring Update is available now for all players at no additional cost through an automatic update in Steam.
The Planet Coaster Spring Update features:
- Steel Hydra. Feel the G-force aboard Planet Coaster’s first suspended swinging coaster.
- Trident. Go there and back again with the first of Planet Coaster’s two new shuttle coasters.
- Bakasura. Trident’s bigger, badder brother is a thrilling inverted boomerang coaster.
- ‘ Speed’ Go Karts. Design your own karting tracks using Planet Coaster’s powerful track editor and see your guests put pedal to the metal! Who will win and who will spin?
- Elixir Machine. 360 degrees of spinning, swinging, twisting, upside-down insanity.
- Big Wheel. An iconic favorite from the golden age of theme parks.
- ZoZo. The long-armed ZoZo is another addition to Planet Coaster’s lineup of vintage classics.
- Crime and security. Dissatisfied guests may vandalize park scenery, and pickpockets will infiltrate your park to steal other guests’ cash. Keep your law-abiding guests safe with security staff and CCTV cameras.
- Dueling coasters. Up to five rollercoasters can be launched simultaneously to duel it out on the tracks.
- Ride prestige. A revamp to Planet Coaster’s prestige system lets park managers rebrand older rides to give them a boost, all visualized on a beautiful new Ride Reputation timeline.
- New building components. Over 150 new options for creators including animatronics, fencing and security cameras.
- Bigger blueprints. Blueprints are upgraded, doubling from 2,000 to 4,000 pieces per blueprint.
- Three new Scenarios. Challenge your managerial skills in ‘Chief Beef’s Raceway’, ‘Oak Island’ and ‘Downtown’.
- And much more. Planet Coaster’s Spring Update also includes fixes and quality of life upgrades for all players including UI updates and new browser and search options.
Michael Gapper, PR and Communications Manager
About Planet Coaster
Create. Manage. Share. Be inspired and inspire others as you create, manage and share the world’s greatest coaster parks with friends and content creators around the world. Surprise, delight and thrill your guests as you build your coaster park empire, and let your imagination run wild with the future of coaster park simulation games.
About Frontier Developments
Frontier is the studio behind Elite Dangerous, LostWinds and Planet Coaster. Founded in 1994 by industry veteran David Braben, Frontier develops games using its COBRA game technology and is passionate about original gameplay, real community, player-driven narrative and cutting-edge technology.
Planet Coaster is available now for PC. Elite Dangerous is available now for PC and Xbox One, and is coming to PlayStation 4 in 2017. Other Frontier titles include RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Thrillville, LostWinds, Kinectimals, Kinect Disneyland Adventures, Zoo Tycoon, Tales from Deep Space and ScreamRide.