Ndemic Creations have released the infectious strategy game Plague Inc: Evolved on Steam Early Access and players all over the world are happily designing their own killer pathogens!
The game has significantly exceeded expectations, reaching #6 on Steam’s overall top sellers list in just a few hours and staying there. James Vaughan, the creator of Plague Inc: Evolved says that "this is just the beginning" and adds that "personally, I can't wait to see how people find the upcoming multiplayer and world builder"
The game launched on Thursday 20th February, alongside a brand new cinematic/gameplay trailer voiced by Hal Robins (known for being the voice of Half-Life 2’s Dr. Kleiner) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSat_gLDXPc
The Early Access version of the game so far includes 7 main disease types and 3 cheat modes across 4 difficulty modes (including the brand new Mega-Brutal mode). An update is planned this week which will add in the mind-controlling Neurax Worm.
In the coming weeks, Ndemic Creations will be releasing regular (free) updates which will add in cooperative and competitive multiplayer, zombie-making Necroa Virus, Speed Runs, Scenarios and the Custom Scenario Creator along with lots of other brand new features.
About Plague Inc: Evolved
Plague Inc: Evolved is a unique mix of high strategy and terrifyingly realistic simulation. Your pathogen has just infected 'Patient Zero' - now you must bring about the end of human history by evolving a deadly, global Plague whilst adapting against everything humanity can do to defend itself.
Over 25 million players have been infected by Plague Inc., and Plague Inc: Evolved combines the original critically acclaimed gameplay with significant, all-new features for PC:
- Infectious Multiplayer - cooperative and competitive gameplay modes let you team up to fight the cure with friends, or compete in a race to kill the world.
- Contagious Content Creator - hit the lab and develop your own custom scenarios - creating new plague types and worlds. Bring your deadliest ideas to life and share them with Steam Workshop.
- Blinding Graphics - Including full 3D disease models taking you closer to your plague than ever before, city-cams showing humanity's struggle at street level, and the body scanner highlighting the full effect of your mutations, organ by organ.
- Deadly Data - Predict government responses with priority indicators, geek out with loads of new stats and graphs, and analyse your best strategies with end-of-game replays.
- And much more
- Title: Plague Inc: Evolved
- Platform: PC with Mac & Linux coming later
- Distribution: Steam
- Genre: Strategy, Simulation
- Release Date: Early Access 20th February 2014
- Developer / Publisher: Ndemic Creations
Ndemic Creations is a leading, independent game studio dedicated to making intelligent, sophisticated and ultra-high quality strategy games.
It has achieved extreme success with its first game Plague Inc. – a global hit which was one of the most significant mobile success stories of 2012 and 2013 with over 25 million players.
Ndemic Creations is self-funded and based in London. It was founded in 2012 by James Vaughan (initially as a hobby!)
- Plague Inc: Evolved Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/246620/
- Plague Inc. Evolved Website: www.plagueincevolved.com
- Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSat_gLDXPc
- Press pack: http://www.dropbox.com/sh/tv06o45s5l3x4op/D3MKZEy6LU