SWDTech reaches new milestones with Pixel Noir: new beta for backers, downloadable public alpha demo and new translations for the game: French, Spanish and Germanp>Madrid, Spain; November 23rd, 2017: After months of hard work, the guys behind Pixel Noir want you to know they're approaching their new milestone! Kickstarter backers will have access to a new beta with a lot of new features and improvements: new chapter and story, Overkill, CRDTech card mini-game, new art, investigation mode... Also, non-backers will have the opportunity to try the game with a new public Alpha demo!
If that wasn't enough, we can confirm the game will have Spanish, French and German translations included! On launch date!!!
New Beta demo features:
• A whole new chapter of story and sidequests added
• More of Pinnacle City to explore (twice the size of alpha)...you’ll be introduced to the Industrial District, Royale Casino, and more!
• Enemies will now jump you at various spots throughout Pinnacle City
• Overkill mechanic: if you do too much damage, instead of knocking your enemy out, you can kill them. This will affect what type of spoils you get from battle! New timed hit mechanics for skills including button sequences and d-pad rotation!
• CRDTech card game...can you find Phil, the Dust Master?
• Investigation mode glow mechanic to help you find items & tell friendly/neutral NPC’s apart from enemy NPC’s
• You can now run from battle
• Animated comic book cutscenes
• Tons of new music
• New portrait art
• Lethal/Non-Lethal systems. Once all your enemies are wounded, you'll get the option to either execute them or show them mercy
• Reload feature to switch out ammo on the fly in battle
Living on the streets of a shithole like Pinnacle City, there’s only two things to keep you going: A pack of cigarettes and the feeling that there’s more than this.
There was something rotten in that rundown place. You were in over your head, but you were too proud to admit it. It was your pride that killed your partner. With the hospital burned to the ground and nothing to exonerate you, they threw you in jail.
For ten years you were haunted by unanswered questions and unspeakable horror, frightened by what you saw, what you did - and what you could still do. Now you’re scraping by as a private eye, running a business out of a crappy apartment. But a chance comes along to clear your name once and for all. With your sanity at stake, how can you afford not to take it?
Watch the new Beta trailer
Pixel Noir is a JRPG-inspired detective game set against a film noir backdrop. Think Earthbound meets Sin City!
- Solve a variety of mysteries as Pinnacle City’s cheapest Private Eye! From missing pets to murder investigations, your detective skills will earn you either fortune or face punches.
- Fight enemies in turn-based combat. Unleash devastating combo attacks by teaming up with other heroes in your team!
- Explore Pinnacle City--a wretched hive of scum and villainy harboring black market trade & hawked by colorful characters.
- Use your investigation mode to reveal clues. Level it up over time to unearth new secrets and storylines!
About SWDTech Games
SWDTech Games is a team of gamers dedicated to reimagining the classic RPG experience for modern-day platforms such as PS4 and PS Vita. We grew up playing games like Final Fantasy, Earthbound, & Chrono Trigger, and aspire to produce our own classic.
Our development team is locked, loaded, and ready to fire on all cylinders. Most of us are experienced professionals that have been on multiple projects with both AAA companies like Capcom, Marvel, DC Comics, Cartoon Network, Sony; and smaller Indie companies like WadjetEye Games, Indestructible Cannon, Hotslug, and more! We’ve come together to create the RPG we’ve wanted to play for over a decade now!
About BadLand Games
Based in Madrid, Spain and established in 2011, BadLand Games is an independent company specializing in the physical distribution and global publishing of video games. In Spain, BadLand Games is the official distributor of AAA titles for all platforms including, Minecraft: Story Mode, La Voz, Sniper Elite 4 and the popular Darksiders Warmastered Edition.
BadLand Games is also the publisher of indie titles such as: Nightmare Boy, Anima: Gate of Memories, Heart & Slash, Dex, Castles, Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today, Ginger: Beyond the Crystal, BOOR, Vostok Inc, Velocity 2X: Critical Mass Edition, The Sexy Brutale: Full House Edition, Demon’s Crystals, and the in-house developed game, Awe.