p>Buenos Aires, December 7, 2017 - The Pictionary™ mobile app received Google Play’s “Best of 2017” award for “Most Social Game.” The Pictionary App is also launching an updated holiday-themed pack just in time for the season with brand new features and new gameplay.
Based on the classic top selling draw-n-guess board game, the new Pictionary™ mobile version features a colorful interface with the spirit of the board game that fans know and love, incorporating a selection of drawing tools and a team of fun characters.
The new Pictionary™ app was launched at the beginning of 2017 by Etermax, creator of hits such as Trivia Crack and Aworded Crack, in partnership with Mattel®. A few months after the global launch, the Pictionary™ user base keeps growing with more than 6 million players around the world.
The Etermax team released a special update to celebrate the holiday season:
- The mobile app now complements the physical gameIt’s now possible to combine the physical game and the Pictionary™ app: a brand new mode enables users to extend the variety of cards available in the board game in order to discover new cards and categories within the mobile app.
- New drawing categoriesPictionary users can now select the category they want to play with. New categories such as “Sport” and “Movies” have been added to the game. Plenty others, including “Food”, are coming soon.
- Holiday-themed updateDecember is here, and Christmas is in the air: the characters, splash icon and various other items have been updated holiday-style.
- New toolThe “Zoom” tool is now available for all users, adding more precision to the drawings.
- New languagesFinnish, Norwegian, Danish and Swedish.
- OptimizationThe waiting time between rounds has been shortened.
Download Pictionary™ here.
Founded in 2009, based in Argentina Etermax is the fastest growing independent mobile game development company in the region. Its most popular games include: Aworded Crack (most downloaded game of all time in Spain), Word Crack, Bingo Crack, Trivia Crack and Trivia Crack Kingdoms. Trivia Crack became the 5th most played game worldwide, with a fan base of over 250 million users, it has led the rankings in the US, Turkey and over 35 other countries. Over the past few years, Etermax has established itself as a leading game development company in Latin America with the help of a team of 300 employees that continues to grow in its offices located in Argentina and Uruguay.
Mattel is a global learning, development and play company that inspires the next generation of kids to shape a brighter tomorrow. Through our portfolio of iconic consumer brands, including American Girl®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price®, Hot Wheels® and Thomas & Friends™, we create systems of play, content and experiences that help kids unlock their full potential. Mattel also creates inspiring and innovative products in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies as well as other partners. With a global workforce of approximately 32,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us online at www.mattel.com .