April 8, 2014 - Inspired by PC game modding, PICS
Towers of Defense is an upcoming iOS game that allows players to
take the core experience of tower defense and mold its features to
their liking, and share their creations with others.
With the help of player-created content, Personae Studios is creating a mobile game with long-lasting appeal and a true sense of community. With built-in editing tools, players can easily alter game rules, design new levels, swap art assets, and upload their new maps for others to play.
PICS stands for Play, Improve, Create, and Share. Created by Personae Studios, PICS allows players to disassemble and reassemble the building blocks of a game to create new content. It can be applied to any genre - RPG, platformer, shmup - tower defense is only the beginning.
• Customize towers with upgrade trees, costs, damage, range, and visual styles.
• Shot Towers that blast enemies from afar, Cone Towers for sustained damaged, and Blast Towers that lay down explosive AoEs.
• Build waves using a wide variety of enemy types with customizable stats, costs, and difficulties.
• Two game styles. Maps can have predetermined build-sites for towers and paths for enemies. Or, allow players to build anywhere in order to manipulate enemy movement toward certain death.
• Share your custom maps with friends and rank the works of others.
• Download, play, and improve the maps of others, building upon the shoulders of those who came before you.