Explore the Fiery Planet Zer and Encounter Fantastic New Creatures and Events – Now 50% on Steamp>TWAIN HARTE, CA – DECEMBER 21, 2017 – Independent game developer Fenix Fire Entertainment and Reverb Triple XP announced today that ‘The Rise of Zer’ major content update for the space survival game, Osiris: New Dawn, is now available on Steam. ‘The Rise of Zer’ update adds a host of new features including the attachment system that enables customizable enhancements for each character, added utilities and furniture, and the new planet Zer. The first planet located closest to the star of the Gliese 581 system, the planet Zer features extreme hot environmental dangers, new creature encounters, and valuable minerals to discover and collect.
To celebrate the launch of the ‘Rise of Zer’ update, Osiris: New Dawn is available now for the promotional price of $12.40 (50% discount from S.R.P).
Approach the new fiery planet Zer with trepidation… and maybe a cool pack.
Key features in the ‘Rise of Zer’ update include:
- New Planet Zer: Existing as the first planet nearest the Gliese 581 star, Zer is an incredibly hot and tidally locked planet.
- Resources Added: The planet Zer will have two new mineral resources – Cobalt and Zirconium. Collect and refine these resources only found on Zer to discover new materials to craft and use.
- Five New Creatures: Indigenous to planet Zer are five creatures: Ignepod, Meduzoid, Hell Hound, Cerberus, and the soaring Magma Demon.
- New Attachment System: 10 unique attachments (with three different tiers) can be equipped to the player’s suit. These include attachments for the helmet to improve oxygen and stamina recharge rate, for the back to increase bonus equipment slots, and on the feet to increase hover height and hover fuel recharge rates.
- Added Weapon – Cryo Rifle & Cyro Ammo: This new weapon and ammo pack a piercingly cold punch capable of freezing enemies in their place.
- Utilities and Furniture: Advanced Anti-Personnel Turret, Zshield, Advanced Fabricator, Advanced Chem Station, and Repair Bench have been added.
The Osiris: New Dawn mission begins in 2046 A.D. after mankind’s revolutionary discovery of near-lightspeed "fold engine" propulsion abilities. This has landed the Osiris expeditionary mission team in the Gliese 581 system 20 light years away. As part of the second colonization team sent by the U.N.E. (United Nations of Earth) to study planets for potential Earth re-population, the spacecraft malfunctions, braking violently from light speed and forcing an emergency landing on the planet’s surface. Players must overcome the dangers of unpredictable weather conditions by building a central base, expanding the structure further with modular units to grow food, creating research centers, manufacturing bays and uncovering the dark events behind the missing Osiris-1 team, threatening Project Osiris.
Winner of ‘PAX West Best Indie MMO’ from MMORPG and ‘PAX West Best Survival Game’ from MMOGames, Osiris: New Dawn is now available for price of $24.99 on Steam. Join the mission of Osiris: New Dawn by following the game development on Twitter, and “Like” the game on Facebook.
# # #
ABOUT FENIX FIRE ENTERTAINMENT
Fenix Fire was founded in 2010 by husband-wife team Brian and Anna McRae, former Blizzard, Midway, and Double Helix environment artists with a passion to create visually stunning immersive worlds that combine classically fun gameplay with next gen technology. After creating numerous ground breaking game experiences for some of the world’s largest companies and pioneering many Oculus VR demos such as the Tuscany World Demo, Fenix Fire is now laser focused on creating their highly anticipated indie adventure Source and the sci-fi space survival epic, Osiris: New Dawn.
ABOUT REVERB TRIPLE XP
Reverb Triple XP provides a spectrum of services customized to focus on the needs of indie game developers. Triple XP titles stand out with excellent gameplay, creative design, and that elusive fun factor. Once identified, Reverb’s team of game industry veterans partner with the indie dev team, fully understand the game by actually playing it and provide world class marketing, PR, social, production and distribution services that are fitting for games of the highest quality. A cornerstone of the programs is that the developer retains creative control and ownership of its intellectual property as well as receiving a custom solution tailored to their exact needs. Each year, only a handful of titles are chosen to be in Reverb Triple XP, prioritizing quality over quantity.
(209) 586-1495 ext. 110