New Major Update Introduces a Plethora of Features Including New Base Defenses, Stackable Hab Structures, and Creative Mode
TWAIN HARTE, CA – August 30, 2017 – Independent game developer Fenix Fire Entertainment and Reverb Triple XP announced today that ‘The Architect,’ the largest major update for the multiplayer space survival game, Osiris: New Dawn , is now available on Steam. ‘The Architect’ update adds a staggering amount of new structures, walls, utilities and other buildables enabling players to craft anything they can imagine especially with the debut of Creative Mode. Improved melee combat, the new Bolt Rifle, rebalanced skill trees, and several added gameplay sliders will also be found in this major content update.
‘The Architect’ key features include:
- Creative Mode – Players can now enjoy a near-limitless sandbox game mode to build all sorts of amazing structures. Huge highways, large walled buildings, and massive landmarks are just some of the custom structures that can be made.
- New Base Defenses and Utilities – Gamers can make use of different wall materials to reinforce their base of operations and take advantage of new electric fences, sling turrets, and electro-dome defenses.
- Stackable Habitat Structures – Increase the colony’s livable space with stackable habitat structures connected with automated elevators.
- Better Starting Equipment – A new beginning point as well as better starting equipment will ease new space adventurers into the harsh alien environment.
- New Weapon: Bolt Rifle – The update introduces the powerful Bolt Rifle, a higher-powered, single shot weapon with tremendous range.
- Batch Crafting and Auto Mining - Automate multiple crafting needs with Batch Crafting and never worry about searching for excavated minerals with the new Auto Mining option.
- Rebalanced Skill Trees – Skill trees for every class have been rebalanced for better overall player progression.
- New Gameplay Sliders – Customize the game with a huge assortment of slider options including Structure Decay Speed, Hover Duration, Fall Damage and much more.
Winner of ‘PAX West Best Indie MMO’ from MMORPG and ‘PAX West Best Survival Game’ from MMOGames, Osiris: New Dawn is now available for price of $24.99 on Steam. Join the mission of Osiris: New Dawn by following the game development on Twitter, “Like” the game on Facebook, and watch for the upcoming livestreams on Reverb’s Twitch channel.
# # #
ABOUT FENIX FIRE ENTERTAINMENT
Fenix Fire was founded in 2010 by husband-wife team Brian and Anna McRae, former Blizzard, Midway, and Double Helix environment artists with a passion to create visually stunning immersive worlds that combine classically fun gameplay with next gen technology. After creating numerous ground breaking game experiences for some of the world’s largest companies and pioneering many Oculus VR demos such as the Tuscany World Demo, Fenix Fire is now laser focused on creating their highly anticipated indie adventure Source and the sci-fi space survival epic, Osiris: New Dawn.
ABOUT REVERB TRIPLE XP
Reverb Triple XP provides a spectrum of services customized to focus on the needs of indie game developers. Triple XP titles stand out with excellent gameplay, creative design, and that elusive fun factor. Once identified, Reverb’s team of game industry veterans partner with the indie dev team, fully understand the game by actually playing it and provide world class marketing, PR, social, production and distribution services that are fitting for games of the highest quality. A cornerstone of the programs is that the developer retains creative control and ownership of its intellectual property as well as receiving a custom solution tailored to their exact needs. Each year, only a handful of titles are chosen to be in Reverb Triple XP, prioritizing quality over quantity.