(Oslo, Norway, Thursday, March 20 2014) The guys at Antagonist just released an announcement teaser for their current project, THROUGH THE WOODS and consequently started a Steam Greenlight campaign for it.
THROUGH THE WOODS is a third person horror-adventure game that takes place on a mysterious island in Norway that is constantly hidden by fog. Primarily story-driven, THROUGH THE WOODS tells the personal tale between a character and something lost.
Although Antagonist has created an unfamiliar and hostile forest for the main setting, the team takes a lot of the inspiration from their home country’s nature and art history when developing the levels. They’re also borrowing freely from Norse mythology, lore and even urban myths to do a different take on the known and lesser known creatures and characters that will appear in the final game.
With THROUGH THE WOODS, the Norwegian team seeks to capture the forest as they saw it as a child, with every dark and mystic feature it could convey. Players shouldn’t expect that every question has an answer, to achieve that certain feeling of that there is constantly something bigger at stake.
- Youtube-link to the teaser; http://youtu.be/KlAQH9ZhSkM
- Link to the Greenlight-page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=239403895
- Website for the project: http://www.antagonist.no/projects
- A deep and personal story that will leave you gutted.
- Environments and story inspired by Norwegian art and nature, and Norse Mythology.
- A dark visual style, and with heavy focus on quality audio-design.
- Creative use of light and darkness, making your expectations play tricks on you.
- Trek through the dark wilderness aided by your flashlight, and other tools you might find.
Release date: 3rd quarter, 2015
Platform: Primarily Windows
Antagonist is an independent game studio based in Oslo, Norway, founded in February 2013 by a group of students at the Norwegian School of Information Technology (NITH).
As of January 2014 they consist of 7 members in the team who are all experienced in their respective fields of expertise. The common goal is that they want to contribute to the indie scene with games that are more story driven, without compromising on gameplay.