FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Silver Spring, USA – September 5 th, 2017 – Independent game developer Andrew G. Schneider has released a major update for Nocked! True Tales of Robin Hood on September 5 th, 2017 for iOS.
What’s new in Nocked 1.5?
An Expanded Quiver of Adventure – New Content!
– The Lonely Forest – Walk the winding trails around your home in Sherwood and discover environments and events that change over the seasons. Or just get lost.
– The Architect’s Tale – The architect is having trouble adjusting to his time in the forest. Will you help, and at what price? Portentous foreshadowing included…
– The World in Review – Your scouts now report with comprehensive briefings on how your actions impact people in the world beyond your conflict with the Sheriff. If you’re lucky, they might even care.
** To all brave outlaws: These new Tales were inspired by comments from some of our intrepid players...so keep that feedback coming! There are more True Tales to be told.
Restrung, Refletched, and Refeathered – Fixes, Changes, and Minor Additions
– Increased stability in Castle Nottingham, officially earthquake-safe! – Fixed an unfortunate crash where the castle came down around your ears, rescheduled guard patrols, increased the Sheriff’s innate curiosity, and installed all-new granite countertops.
– Patched and plugged holes in the space-time continuum – Robin can no longer jump backwards in time to choose ill-advised, time-shattering actions that stop arrows in mid-flight! We can’t promise we got them all though, because, well…time bandits.
– Everyone loves a wedding – And now your friends do, too! Wedding gifts abound for the dashing, darling Robin who finds love in all the right places. Speaking of which…
– Rosalind in all the wrong places – She’s a crafty one, is Ros, always vanishing just when you have something to say. Now she’s settled down where she can be found on a regular basis.
– Don't let that old Viking get you down! – The leader of the Black Wolves can now be defeated by mere mortals, maybe, if you’re clever.
– Amaranth won’t eat your game – The dragon of Sherwood had an unfortunate propensity to devour unwary outlaws and put a stop to the fun. We’ve got her on a firm diet of guardsmen, and under strict orders: No disintegrations!
– Tpyo fixes – Ten thousand monkeys have been hard at work proofreading the Tales. What could go wrong?
– Typo fixes – We’ve fired the monkeys…
– Resource popups are now slower than the average jack-in-the-box. This is a game dependent on reading, after all.
– Don’t Redeem Grace, go on cool Special Missions instead! Language matters…
– Nocked! True Tales of Robin Hood is now: Nocked! [subtitle] True Tales of Robin Hood, to comply with iOS 11 and our teacher-friendly overlords.
– Nocked! 1.5, now with longer arrows.
Nocked! True Tales of Robin Hood is a lushly-illustrated, text-driven role-playing game playable for minutes or hours at a time. Define the deeds and identity of Robin Hood, outlaw of Sherwood Forest; recruit allies, forge alliances, find love; and chart a path between war, negotiation, and dangerous magics. Your choices are remembered and your actions shape the world, but you can’t do it alone.
Story and strategy collide as your reputation spreads and Merry Men join your band: Build and expand a base in the hidden deeps, manage your earnings from raids on tax collectors, and prepare for the coming of the Sheriff of Nottingham. There is no sure and easy path to victory, no one decision that will save your resistance; will you fall beneath the Sheriff’s boot heel, or will you build a movement to last the ages? The choice is yours.
Nocked! is powered by Twine, the popular interactive fiction development platform. In collaboration with the creator of Twine, Chris Klimas, the new Twine mobile engine, Disbound, debuts on the small screen with this expansive tale of swashbuckling adventure.
Trailers and More
For more information on the game, check out www.nockedthegame.com .
Nocked! is set to release on July 8, 2017 for $5.99 in the App Store.
For press assets, please see http://www.nockedthegame.com/press/ or contact email@example.com .
About the Nocked! Team
Andrew G. Schneider (Writer and Game Designer) Andrew always wanted to be a wizard when he grew up; now he makes magic with words. When not writing, he hunts the wild dust bunny and makes a mean pot of French onion soup. He lives in Washington, D.C., believes in unicorns, and is married to a wonderful woman who believes in him. His other work – novels of undercaffeinated princesses and swashbuckling cyborg sky pirates – can be found here.
Amanda Spaid (Artist) Amanda is a fine artist and freelance Illustrator in the DC Metro area. Her subjects and mediums are wide, ranging from traditional oil, acrylic and colored pencil portraits of people and animals, to digital paintings with Sci-fi/Fantasy themes. She's a Maryland native, has a degree in Fine Arts from the School of Art and Design at Montgomery College in Silver Spring and a Bachelor's in Illustration from Columbus College of Art and Design in Ohio. Check out her other work here.
Stephanie Martinez (Graphic Designer) Stephanie Martinez is a freelance graphic designer, with a Bachelor's from Drexel University. She's also a homemaker and proud mother of two infuriating children. Nocked is her first game.
Unmapped Path (Disbound game engine) Nocked is a collaboration with Unmapped Path, a Baltimore-based digital studio founded by Joel Haddock and Chris Klimas. Unmapped Path creates interactive narrative experiences on desktop and mobile devices with a focus on the use of the Twine platform.
Andrew G. Schneider, writer & director of Nocked!