LOS ANGELES – June 7, 2017 – Fans of the immersive massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) MapleStory , prepare to get charged up for summer as Nexon America reveals its latest content updates. ‘Override: Evolve’ is expected to go live for players in June and ‘Override: Venture’ in July.
MapleStory brings players into Maple World, a peaceful place with a dark history involving the sinister Black Mage. Six legendary heroes fought off the Black Mage in order to protect Maple World and its citizens. The two epic content updates will allow players to strengthen their characters with new job skills, fight in new areas and travel to a new planet.
‘Override: Evolve’ will feature:
- Stronger Skills For 5th Job Advancement: Every class will gain access to new 5th job advancement skills, making them more powerful than ever;
- Exciting ‘Legion System’: Characters who become ‘Legion Members’ will have access to the ‘Synergy Grid’ which will give players special bonuses depending on their ‘Legion Rank’. Players can upgrade their rank and earn rewards;
- New and Improved ‘Omega Sector’: Players will be able to visit Dr. Kim in his lab as he prepares to investigate the nearby UFO with his team of M-Forcers. Prepare to visit new maps and fight new monsters, including a new boss!
‘Override: Venture’ will feature:
- ‘Eluna Event’: Travel to the colony planet of Eluna, where players can mine the riches to earn experience and level up. Minerals can be acquired by hunting monsters, completing missions, overcoming traps and more;
- New Epic Area ‘Arcana’: Arcana is home to the Spirit Tree which has started to lose its power. Players must help the spirits of the forest save the tree from dying. Complete quests and receive the new Arcane symbol ‘Arcana’.
MapleStory is the original side-scrolling MMORPG where epic adventure, action and good friends await players as they embark on a hero's journey to stop the sinister Black Mage and his minions from terrorizing Maple World. With over 40 unique classes to choose from, an almost limitless number of cosmetic options and hundreds of hours of gameplay available to experience, players will train a mighty hero, conquer perilous dungeons and terrifying bosses as part of their never-ending MapleStory.
For more information on MapleStory, please visit: http://maplestory.nexon.net. Fans can also follow MapleStory’s official Facebook and Twitter pages for more details on the upcoming ‘Override’ updates.
Override Trailer: https://youtu.be/GYJOnrIMdb8
Asset Link: http://bit.ly/2ruXois
About Nexon America Inc. http://www.nexon.net
Nexon America Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) a worldwide leader in online games. Based in Los Angeles, Nexon America was founded in 2005 to bring the best of online entertainment to the North American audience. The company's growing library of titles includes fan-favorites MapleStory, the classic side-scrolling MMORPG, and Vindictus, an action-packed combat MMO. New titles now in open beta include Riders of Icarus, a mount-taming MMO that allows players to fly and fight on the backs of dragons; and First Assault, a first-person shooter based on the critically acclaimed “Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex” IP. Upcoming titles from Nexon America include LawBreakers, the first title from Cliff Bleszinski’s studio Boss Key Productions; and an unannounced title from QC Games.
Media Contact Information:
Noe Ponce/Jason Wonacott
Wonacott Communications for Nexon America
# # #