Popular Mobile Strategy RPG Relishes a Rebirth with Latest Update
Seoul – April 20, 2017 – A revolution begins for fans of Fantasy War Tactics, now called Fantasy War Tactics R, as NEXON Korea Corporation, subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games, unleashes the latest content update for its epic mobile strategy role-playing game (SRPG). Since its launch for Android and iOS devices in 2015, Fantasy War Tactics R reached over 6 million downloads in 153 countries. The newly redesigned Fantasy War Tactics R is now available for free for new and returning players to download via Google Play and the App Store.
As an ambitious wizard bent on conquering the world, players make their way through Fantasy War Tactics R utilizing their heroes’ character skills, the terrain around them, and their friends to help them in the heat of battle. The latest content update will introduce tons of new content including new heroes, new equipment and new scenarios. Players will also be able to participate in daily events including guide quests and check-in to receive extra rewards and Hero Awakening Tickets. This content update also represents a rebirth of the popular title with the changing of the name to Fantasy War Tactics R – and the following:
- New in-game content: Play as the incredibly powerful Dragon Thanatos, Escort Ildo, Painter Taehwa, Vermilion Bird Hongyeom; unlock each character’s exclusive set equipment; enjoy new game scenarios; and explore the Sia Continent;
- Variety of new limited time events: Players can enjoy a ton of new game events, including the Scenario Event, where player take on the role of Lord and attempt to conquer the world, while recruiting a number of heroes to the cause, and the Hero Growth Event among a number of other limited time events;
- On-time Reward: Players who log-in by April 23 will receive an exclusive costume for Hero Deborah;
- Daily Check-in Bonus: Players who log-in to the game daily will receive a Set Equipment Ticket, a Hero Rebirth Ticket and a Hero Awakening Ticket as well as other updates and gifts. Players can awaken their hero, equip Runes and level up to 70.
- Improved UI and UX: Play with ease with new updates to make the gameplay more convenient and entertaining.
Additional information for members of the press:
- Download assets for Fantasy War Tactics here: http://bit.ly/FWTRUpdate
- Fantasy War Tactics Official Homepage: https://fwar.nexon.com
- Fantasy War Tactics Official Forum: https://www.facebook.com/Fwar
About NEXON Co. Ltd.
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world's first graphics-based massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently services nearly 100 titles in more than 190 countries. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
About NEXON GT Co. Ltd.
NEXON GT Co. Ltd. (“NEXON GT”) (041140.KQ) is leading developer studio and subsidiary of NEXON Co. Ltd. Founded in Korea in 2004, NEXON GT has developed numerous hits across online and mobile platform. Major titles from NEXON GT include Sudden Attack, Fantasy War Tactics and Monster Squad.
# # #
Press Contacts for Nexon Co. Ltd.:
Dashaun Gasque/Jason Wonacott
Wonacott Communications, LLC