Pre-purchase customers now able to stream content freely and test new features
Bracknell UK, 5th December 2017
Good news for all budding industrialists! Kalypso Media is pleased to announce that pre-order customers currently enjoying the Railway Empire closed beta can now download the latest update from Steam to test out some newly-introduced features, and are also now welcome to stream the game live for other gamers to enjoy.
Aside from a variety of bug fixes and improvements, the highlight of the new update is the new pause-function, allowing players to get even more strategic by stopping time and planning out their next move in detail, then resuming play to see their strategies unfold. This new addition is available in three distinct variations, designed to make the Railway Empire experience more forgiving or challenging depending on the player’s preference:
- Trainiac – players will not be able to use the pause function, but will receive a bonus to their overall rank at the end of each scenario.
- Normal – the game will automatically pause for certain dialogues in the game, letting players take in all the information without any effect on their ranking.
- Manual – players can pause at any time to plan out strategies in detail, but will receive a penalty on their final ranking.
- Watch the Railway Empire short trailer
- Watch the Railway Empire – How to Play trailer
- Watch the Railway Empire gameplay trailer
In Railway Empire, you will create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network, purchase over 40 different trains modelled in extraordinary detail, and buy or build railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to keep your travel network ahead of the competition. You’ll also need to hire and manage your workforce if you want to ensure an efficient train service, whilst also develop over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to the trains themselves to workplace infrastructures and advanced amenities as you progress through five eras of technological innovations.
However, you can’t just build and research your way to the top – the competition never sleeps, and to keep your business on track you’ll have to survive against up to three rival tycoons. To get to the top you may have to resort to more cutthroat tactics as you attack and sabotage your opponents through raids and industrial espionage.
Features of Railway Empire
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
- Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
- Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game, and must be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies.
About The Kalypso Media Group
Celebrating its 11th year in the video games industry, the Kalypso Media Group is a privately owned, global, independent developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software with close to 100 employees worldwide, operating from seven offices across Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States. Kalypso Media has also established a digital-first label called “Kasedo Games” and enjoys very strong global digital distribution through its Kalypso Media Digital subsidiary. Furthermore, the group owns two development studios – Realmforge and Gaming Minds– to secure a constant supply of high quality games, and works with multiple leading independent developers. In 2015, Kalypso Media Mobile was founded in Hamburg, Germany, to deliver great games for mobile devices.
Kalypso Media‘s titles include the critically acclaimed “Tropico” series, strong strategy game franchises like “Dungeons”, “Port Royale” and “Sudden Strike”, as well as action RPG games such as “Vikings – Wolves of Midgard”, among others. For 2017 and 2018, “Dungeons 3”, “Railway Empire”, “Shadows: Awakening” and “Tropico 6” have been announced for all major platforms (PC, Xbox One, PS4). Moreover, Kasedo Games has signed “Rise of Industry” for digital distribution, and Kalypso Mobile will release “Tropico 3” and “Dungeons 2” for tablet devices.
More information about the Kalypso Media Group is available at http://www.kalypsomedia.com .