LOS ANGELES (June 12, 2017) – TaleWorlds Entertainment has released two videos showing an extended look at the large-scale, epic combat in their upcoming follow-up to Mount & Blade: Warband – Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord .
KEY BATTLE IMPROVEMENTS
Battles are at the very core of the series and play better than ever in the latest installment.
- Advanced Formations – Merge and split forces at your behest, with intuitive but powerful control over the movement, form and behavior of every unit! Order heavy infantry to hold together, shoulder-to-shoulder in a slowly advancing but near impenetrable shield wall; or launch your cavalry in lightning charges using the skein formation.
- Battlefield AI – AI commanders can execute complex tactics, utilizing the advanced formation options to present a formidable challenge. Their behavior is drawn from actual historical tacticians, for example Alexander the great, who used his superior cavalry forces to rout their counterparts in the opposing army, before delivering a crushing blow to the enemy’s main force. This not only creates the feeling of an authentic medieval battle but also proves effective in-game, as in reality.
- Sergeant System – Commanders now designate units to other lords in battle, including the player! Execute the orders issued by your commander throughout the fight, and use your own instincts to do your part and help secure victory on the field of battle. Lead the horse archers as they skirmish and harass the enemy to disrupt their lines before your allies finish them off, or take control of the cavalry and charge into the fray to devastate entire units at once!
KEY COMBAT UPDATES
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord also features greatly updated combat, which builds on previous installments in a number of ways while retaining its intuitive, direction-based core that made it so popular among players.
- Directional Shield Blocking and Shield Bash – These two features revitalize the sword & board gameplay, making it a more engaging experience than ever before! Blocking in the wrong direction will not necessarily get you killed but it will cause your shield to break faster, leaving you defenseless against missiles and vulnerable against multiple foes. Shield bashing, a highly requested feature, temporarily stuns your opponent and knocks them back, lowering their defenses and giving you room to breathe.
- Attack Chaining – Swings that complete their motion can now be chained into follow-up attacks which can catch your opponent off-guard after a miss. Unbalanced weapons such as hammers and axes also use the momentum of the first swing for a faster follow-up!
- Improved Animations and Combat Engine – Huge effort has gone into making Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord’s combat as fluid and visually appealing as possible. Damage dealt is now calculated with a great degree of physical depth, factoring in the weight distribution of every individual weapon. This means that whether you are executing a perfectly timed thrust while thundering towards a hapless archer on horseback or shooting an arrow across the battlefield to whittle down your opponent’s infantry forces before the melee, the game will understand all of the forces involved and produce consistent, realistic and satisfying results every time.
“It is great to be back at E3 with Bannerlord, demonstrating the best Mount & Blade battles ever. Our team worked very hard on developing all aspects of the battles, which are so central to the game. We are thrilled to showcase our work and looking forward to seeing the response.”
Armagan Yavuz – CEO / Founder, TaleWorlds
TaleWorlds Entertainment is an independent video game development company, founded in 2005. Having grown from the initial two founders, TaleWorlds now employs over seventy developers including a self-publishing team. Mount & Blade has received numerous accolades since its release, including multiple placements in PC Gamer Magazine’s “Top 100 PC Games of All Time” list. The team is currently developing the much anticipated sequel, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord.
Download the press kit with all videos and screenshots here: http://download.taleworlds.com/mbII_bannerlord_battles_and_combat_detailed_at_e3.zip
If you would like more information or to book a hands-on demo session at E3, please contact PR / Community Manager Frank ELLIOTT via firstname.lastname@example.org or @frankelliott_ on Twitter.
Title: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
Genre: Strategy, RPG
Developer: TaleWorlds Entertainment
Publisher: TaleWorlds Entertainment
Release Date: TBA
Platform: PC (Windows)
Jesse Radonski - email@example.com
Frank Elliott - firstname.lastname@example.org