Strategic Hero Shooter Launches New Content and Announces Two Million Players on All Platforms
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – September 12, 2017 – Today Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play online games, and developer Motiga, Inc. announced the launch of Into Solitude , a new monk-themed update for Gigantic. The latest content release for the strategic hero shooter includes two new creatures and the earth-shattering Hero, Rutger, who controls the battlefield by molding the terrain with his powerful ground attacks. Today’s update comes as Gigantic celebrates an exciting milestone – the game now has over two million registered players on Steam, Arc, Xbox One and Windows 10.
“We were so thrilled to learn that two million players have joined us aboard the airship for Gigantic,” said Yoon Im, Sr. VP of Game Publishing & Platform at Perfect World Entertainment. “Motiga has devoted countless hours to developing this game and we’re so proud of everything the team has accomplished so far. This is only the beginning for Gigantic.”
With the release of today’s update, players can now launch onto the battlefield as Rutger, an ancient and heavily armored warden of the rocky planes and mountains. This tank/control hybrid can pummel his opponents with powerful blows and reshape the battlefield by summoning impenetrable rock walls. There are also several customization options for Rutger now available in the shop, including color variants, monk-themed skins and an Eternal Light weapon skin for players who strive to learn and master the Hero.
Watch the new Hero Overview video for Rutger:
New skins and content for Into Solitude will continue to release each week throughout the entire month of September, including new monk-themed skins for other Heroes seeking enlightenment and two new creature variants: the Stone Cerberus and Riftborn Cyclops.
- Stone Cerberus – A sentinel of living rock, the Stone Cerberus is significantly tougher than its furry brethren, making it incredibly difficult for enemies to withstand its vicious melee attacks.
- New Skins for Wu – Fans of Wu, the game’s famous amphibious fighter, can take advantage of three skins inspired by his time spent training at the temple with Master Wei.
- Riftborn Cyclops – Blessed with the magic of the Rift, the Riftborn Cyclops uses sorcery to immobilize enemies and summon translucent walls that can only be penetrated by its allies.
- New Skins for Uncle Sven – Uncle Sven has embraced the “flower power” way of life. Players can discover three new floral-themed skins for the wild, potion-throwing alchemist in the shop.
- New Skins for Charnok - Before becoming a mage, Charnok had to train as a Disciple of Flame. Players can discover three new skins influenced by the fire-ridden trails that the Drakkor had to overcome.
Gigantic is a free-to-play strategic hero shooter developed by Motiga. Gorgeously rendered, light-hearted and charming, Gigantic is for all types of gamers, pitting teams of five heroes and their massive Guardians against each other in epic battles across a variety of maps. The game combines explosive combat with fast-paced teamwork, strategy and skill, as players must work together and fight relentlessly to defeat the opposing Guardian with spells, guns and swords.
For more information about Gigantic, please visit the official website: www.GoGigantic.com .
ABOUT PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT INC. Perfect World Entertainment is a leading North American online games publisher specializing in immersive free-to-play MMORPGs. Founded in 2008, Perfect World Entertainment has published a number of popular titles, including Swordsman, Blacklight Retribution, Forsaken World, PWI, and Star Trek Online The company works closely with its American development teams and partners such as Cryptic Studios, developer of the highly acclaimed MMORPG Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter, and Runic Games, developer of the hit Torchlight series, to provide unparalleled quality of service and game experiences to its players. A subsidiary of Perfect World Group, Perfect World Entertainment is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. For more information, please visit: www.perfectworld.com .
Motiga is an independent game studio based in Bellevue, Wash., that has been working on Gigantic since 2012. Composed of more than 80 game developers, Motiga is dedicated to enabling passionate teams to create magical game experiences and do its part in helping the industry move forward.