Digerati Distribution is pleased to announce that an update for the recently released Monster Slayers, a deck-building roguelike created by developer Nerdook, is now available and adds six new classes to the game: Assassin, Beastmaster, Apothecary, Brute, Monk, and Necromancer. All of the extra classes also come with their own selection of brand new custom cards.
Each of the new class types are 'Advanced' versions of the six existing classes and are unlocked by completing the game with the corresponding 'Basic' class, like so:
- Rogue unlocks Assassin
- Ranger unlocks Beastmaster
- Knight unlocks Monk
- Barbarian unlocks Brute
- Cleric unlocks Apothecary
- Wizard unlocks Necromancer
The new content is available for free by simply playing the game and unlocking each class as explained above, but there is also the option to purchase the Advanced Class Unlocker for $1.99/€1.99/£1.59 to get all the new content instantly.
About the game
Steam page: bit.ly/MonsterSlayers
Monster Slayers is a rogue-like deck-building RPG adventure with an innovative card-based battle system that lets you customize a deck to suit your play style. Create a new hero to join the Monster Slayers Guild and choose your path through the perilous Northern Valley as you follow your quest to defeat the legendary Harbinger and become a true Monster Slayer.
Developed by Nerdook (Reverse Crawl, Vertical Drop Heroes), Monster Slayers is a complete reimagining of the free web-based hit of the same name, which has been played over 4 million times on gaming portal, Kongregate.
- Battle undead goblins, lion outlaws, mighty dragons and other monsterous foes using a unique card-based combat system
- Strategically shape your deck as you acquire new cards from merchants, treasure chests, and allies
- Collect fame from each run to unlock new abilities that can be used by future heroes
- Every playthrough is different: levels, enemy encounters and loot are randomly generated
- Choose from up to 12 different classes: Rogue, Ranger, Knight, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard, Assassin, Beastmaster, Apothecary, Brute, Monk, and Necromancer
- Recruit companions to join you on your quest and make use of their special abilities
- Equip your hero with stat-boosting loot to improve the chances of victory
- Fight for your place at the top of the Monster Slayers leaderboards
- Beat the game to unlock the ultimate challenge: Legendary Mode