Monster Slayers 'Fire & Steel' DLC adds new levels, cards, classes, enemies, and survival mode. Plus, free 'Slayer's Handbook' for all!
Time to get your shuffle on – Digerati Distribution is happy to deal out the news that a brand new expansion for Monster Slayers, the deck-building roguelike from developer Nerdook, launches today – Friday, 5 May – and includes a stack of new content. The 'Fire & Steel' DLC will be priced $4.99/€4.99/£3.99 and contain the following:
- 2 new levels: Volcanic Tunnels and Old Castle
- 4 new bosses
- 8 new enemies
- 2 new classes: Dragon and Merchant
- New cards for existing classes, plus 7 new Companion cards
- Survival mode: beat the game and face endless waves of enemies
About the game
Steam page: bit.ly/MonsterSlayers
Monster Slayers is a rogue-like deck-building RPG adventure with an innovative card-based battle system that lets you customize a deck to suit your play style. Create a new hero to join the Monster Slayers Guild and choose your path through the perilous Northern Valley as you follow your quest to defeat the legendary Harbinger and become a true Monster Slayer.
Developed by Nerdook (Reverse Crawl, Vertical Drop Heroes), Monster Slayers is a complete reimagining of the free web-based hit of the same name, which has been played over 4 million times on gaming portal, Kongregate.
- Battle undead goblins, lion outlaws, mighty dragons and other monsterous foes using a unique card-based combat system
- Strategically shape your deck as you acquire new cards from merchants, treasure chests, and allies
- Collect fame from each run to unlock new abilities that can be used by future heroes
- Every playthrough is different: levels, enemy encounters and loot are randomly generated
- Choose from up to 12 different classes: Rogue, Ranger, Knight, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard, Assassin, Beastmaster, Apothecary, Brute, Monk, and Necromancer
- Recruit companions to join you on your quest and make use of their special abilities
- Equip your hero with stat-boosting loot to improve the chances of victory
- Fight for your place at the top of the Monster Slayers leaderboards
- Beat the game to unlock the ultimate challenge: Legendary Mode
- Inspired by the much-loved deck-building RPG, Dream Quest, created by Peter Whalen (Hearthstone)