New screenshots accompany updated 4x game in the making.
Haarlem, The Netherlands – February 28th 2014- Development of Iceberg Interactive’s upcoming 4x space strategy game gathers pace, as Star Lords gets a big new update from developer Arkavi Studios. This new update will give the player various new features to try, including a new game creation screen, as well as fixing some stability issues, improving general balancing and much more.
New additions to the 16.0 updated build include:
• A new game creation screen: You now have a single menu with three tabs: Race Selection, Galaxy Settings and Game Settings. Each of these tabs has been greatly improved from the previous menus, with less cluttered and better organized information.
• Stability improvement: We implemented a series of experimental fixes that should fix most (if not all) stability issues. Regretfully, some of these experimental fixes involve temporarily removing the weapon and armor ship parts from the game. These will be reinstated in a later build. It's very important for us to know if these fixes are working on a variety of PC configurations, so any feedback on whether or not the game still crashes for you is very important for us.
• The domestic policies mechanic has been fleshed out and further balanced, with various random events having an impact on the population's approval of certain policies. Now, an event message box will pop up when the majority of the population disagrees with one of your policies.
• A new batch of bug fixes: among them, most (if not all) of the full-screen issues (such as the screen only displaying a part of the UI for example) should be fixed, the tutorial text is no longer out of bounds and the crashes on loading a game should be gone once and for all.
• Some general balancing has been done, most importantly, every player now starts with 5000 BC, to make the early game more challenging, and exploration more rewarding, with valuable space debris having a bigger impact than before.
• Graphical Update: Improved backgrounds and updated the ship models for the Krifith Empire. More improvements in this aspect will be introduced incrementally.
In Star Lords you take command of one race to join the struggle for supremacy in the galaxy. As the leader of your empire you are tasked with exploring the stars, colonizing new worlds, managing your empire and conquering whoever dares to oppose you. Within a framework of turn-based strategy and turn-based combat, Star Lords endeavours to differentiate itself by allowing players to beat their opponents by using Generals, diplomacy, intelligence, trading, or plotting the downfall of enemies by financing wars against them or aiming to cause anarchy.
Star Lords is currently at the Alpha stage and available on the Steam Early Access program at $19.99. http://store.steampowered.com/app/246940/
• 8 major races each with their own ship designs, technologies, unique traits and unique abilities, meaning playing with each race is a different challenge and offers new ways to approach the game.
• Big, living universe: In addition to the major powers, independent races and pirate clans also claim the galaxy as their residence; their existence can be an annoyance, or a blessing if you can take advantage of them.
• Deep economic and political layer: War isn’t the only way to weaken your rivals. Diplomacy, intelligence and trade can be one of many powerful tools that, if used properly, can be very effective as well.
• Tactical turn-based combat.
• Create and customize your own ship designs.
• Generals: These unique and powerful units evolve as they battle and if used well can be the difference between defeat and victory.
• Randomly generated universe, tech tree and units: You will never play the same game twice.
• Empire shattering: Unrest might lead rebels to start a civil war which in turn might lead to the creation of a new, independent empire that might grow to rival your own.
• Plotting: Secretly finance a war against your rivals in order to weaken them or prepare a surprise joint war along with your allies in a bid to destroy that frighteningly fast growing empire.
• Human-like AI that doesn’t cheat and plays by the same rules as human players, while presenting a constant challenge. Or play with your friends in hotseat mode
ABOUT ARKAVI STUDIOS
Arkavi Studios is an independent game development company, founded in 2013 in Leiria, Portugal. We are really passionate about what we do, putting our heart and soul into every game we make, and making the games we would like to play.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 70+ game arsenal - with more promising games in the pipeline.
Play it cool!