After exclusive previews through Discord and during PAX East, Southeast Asian game studio Boomzap Entertainment officially announces the title for their new project!
Last Regiment is a fantasy-themed strategy game with single-player campaigns and simultaneous turn-based multiplayer currently being developed on PC, and later on Mac and mobile. It takes the best parts of Boomzap’s award-winning strategy game Legends of Callasia, makes a bunch of neat changes for a faster, deeper, and more strategic game, and allows player to design their own levels through its built-in map editor.
The game is still in its alpha stage, but they are opening its development progress and livestreaming it on Twitch. The weekly dev stream by Boomzap’s Creative Director Christopher Natsuume starts on April 19 10PM EST at twitch.tv/ninesquirrels!
A close-up portrait of the Last Regiment’s lead character, Olivia, was also revealed. Natsuume shares, “This character is obviously based on Olivia from Legends of Callasia. We thought she was such an awesome character there, that we wanted her lead in our new game.” The name was originally taken from Natsuume’s niece, who joined their family during the development of Legends of Callasia, and is now celebrating her 3rd birthday.
For more details on Last Regiment, visit the following links:
- Website/Blog: http://lastregiment.boomzap.com/
- Discord: http://discord.gg/MJQGQEV
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lastregimentgame
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lastregiment
- Twitch: http://www.twitch.com/lastregiment
- IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/last-regiment/
- Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/lastregiment
- Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boomzap