After 3 years, 3 engines, and a full-time degree, Australian developer Jibb Smart has finished and released his debut title, "KarBOOM"!
Available for $10 straight from the developer through KarBOOM.net, as well as on Desura, FireFlowerGames.com and ShinyLoot.com, KarBOOM is designed to bring console-style competitive local multiplayer to Windows, Mac & Linux.
Between gamepad support, multiple players on the same keyboard, and computer-controlled bots, 2 - 8 players can compete in what testers frequently described as "Super Smash Bros with cars".
- Soccer meets car-combat in KarBall, or switch on the flag for some rugby-style action
- Bet against others on your survival skills in Gamble
- Outlast your opponents in Showdown's self-destructive levels
- Fight over the flag, ball, lives or points, in teams or free-for-all, in Klassic
- Mutators change the way kars are destroyed, points are awarded, or time is perceived
Buying through KarBOOM.net also provides a Desura key. KarBOOM is trying to get on Steam, too - votes on Greenlight will help it get there, and if and when it does, Steam keys will be made available to those who've already bought the game through KarBOOM.net, Desura or ShinyLoot.
More information, as you'd expect, can be found on KarBOOM's website and its IndieDB page, and a press-kit is also available on KarBOOM's website or at the link below.