May 25, 2010
Summary: Jet Set Games,™ led by the creators of the original Command&Conquer games, announced today that Highborn,™ the upcoming casual strategy game for the iPhone and iPod Touch, has been submitted to Apple for distribution on the iTunes App Store.
Pending Apple approval, Highborn will soon be available for the iPhone and iPod Touch, for a limited-time, introductory price of $2.99. Jet Set Games is also finalizing an iPad-specific version of Highborn for release later this summer, pricing to be announced.
Highborn combines two strategy games in one. Players move forces around an overhead map to secure spells and combat support, then dive into 3D combat to deploy those advantages against an unsuspecting enemy. All the fun and fighting is set against an irreverent take on the classic good-versus evil tale, filled with wacky heroes, witty dialogue and wild assumptions.
Highborn also features casual, round-based multiplayer via Facebook, making it a mobile strategy game that’s perfect for anyone looking for an intelligent, tactical experience without the frenetic play of a traditional RTS.
• A Light Touch– Highborn is a casual mobile strategy game that offers a satisfying experience for players, no matter if they spend minutes or hours in the game.
• Time for a New Strategy– Highborn features a unique blend of strategic movement and 3D combat that caters to a variety of gameplay styles and offers a great deal of replayability.
• Multiplay at Your Pace– Round-based gaming enables players to think, then act, when playing one-on-one against their Facebook friends, and allows them to have multiple games going at once.
• Many Styles of Play– Players unlock hero characters as they progress through the game, giving them access to different abilities and play styles, along with different strategies to use against their opponents.
Highborn is developed by a team of industry veterans, many of who created the original Command&Conquer products, including Rade Stojsavljevic, Adam Isgreen, Joseph B. Hewitt, IV, and Westwood Studios Co-Founder Brett W. Sperry.
• Product website: http://jetsetgames.net/games/highborn
• Flickr Asset Feed: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsetgames
• Delicious Feed of Background Information: http://delicious.com/jetsetgames
• Twitter Feed: http://www.Twitter.com/JetSetGames
• Facebook Fan Page: http://www.Facebook.com/JetSetGames
• Conversations on Twitter: #JetSetGames, #Highborn
• Technorati Tags: iPhone, iPad, games, social
About Jet Set Games, Inc.
Jet Set Games™, Inc. and its subsidiary, Jet Set Apps™, develops products for mobile devices and console platforms with a focus on elegant design and simple control. Jet Set Games was founded in 2008 by video game industry veterans, Brett Sperry, Rade Stojsavljevic and Adam Isgreen and is based in Las Vegas, NV.
Jet Set Games, Jet Set Apps and Highborn are trademarks or registered trademarks of Jet Set Games, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.