Sj?r?k is an adventure game played in first person perspective, where you as the player explore a mysterious Swedish archipelago, long since abandoned by its former inhabitants. It is up to you to explore the deserted islands and find out
what happened there in times long past.
Sj?r?k is a PC game entirely in Swedish, and it is free to download from 2 Hour Lunch Studios website:? http://www.2hourlunchstudios.com
Sj?r?k sprung from a student project of seven students at the Blekinge Institute of Technology in southern Sweden.
The game was developed in the Unreal Development Kit, and was one of the winning entries in the Game Concept Challenge 2011.
After winning, the company 2 Hour Lunch Studios was founded, with Sj?r?k as its first project.
- A genuine Swedish environment with surreal elements.
- An open sea shrouded in mist with islands to explore.
- A story told through music and poetry.
- A non-linear, modular narrative.
- Navigating the sea in a player-controlled boat.
- Explore the island and collect poems that tells about the places you visit.
- Puzzle solving.
Theme and style
- A style inspired by the Swedish 1800-century architecture and folklore.
- A story inspired by ancient fables.
- A sense of isolation and loneliness.
- Exploration of the unknown.
Genre: FPE (First Person Experience)
- Exploration, puzzle solving and narrative progression from a first person perspective, designing a holistic experience.
2 Hour Lunch Studios consists of:
Kristoffer Beijer, M?ns Billing, Jakob Lindh, Tim Lid?ker, Max Nilsson, Carl-Johan Nyblom, Christofer Levall.?