1.5 MILLION PLAYERS AND ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY WITH NEW FEATURES AND LIVE EVENT IN VEGAS!
LOS ANGELES – October 31, 2013 – Since launching one year ago, more than 1.5 million players have experienced the slaying of undead enemies as well as other players in the post-apocalyptic world of the online, multiplayer game Infestation: Survivor Stories and, to celebrate, OP Productions is releasing an Anniversary Update comprised of a bevy of feature updates, including the much anticipated vehicles and crafting. The upcoming update will initially be presented to select members of the gaming community as well as the game’s most active streamers at a special event in Las Vegas on November 2, 2013.
The Anniversary Update includes:
· Strongholds – Customize your base, supply power, grow crops, survive and defend your base against your friends or other players in the world!
· Vehicles – The players have been asking and the devs are delivering - user operated vehicles for players to find, repair, and drive all over the map! Players can smash hordes of zombies with their cars and try to resist the urge to run over their friends
· Colorado V2 – a completely revamped and updated map nearly 1.7 times bigger than the original map
· Reworked game balance as well as the introduction of new zombie types
· Crafting - players can now combine, salvage and craft multiple unique items as they discover new crafting materials scattered throughout the world
· Gear degradation has been added to the game to give players a more realistic experience. Once gear breaks from too much usage, any garage with a repair bench can fix it!
· Run in terror from the Super Zombie or gather a group to hunt it down for epic rewards! Beware of new screaming zombies that summon other zombies for help as well as sprinting zombies!
· Missions have been added! Grab friends or go adventure solo on a slew of missions and tasks around the map to earn additional rewards!
· New survival activities such as swimming, hunting and cooking meat
In addition to the Anniversary Update, OP Productions recently introduced two major improvements to Infestation – updated trial accounts and a new forward thinking marketplace. Updated trial accounts are a result of overwhelming player demand, and allow new players to try a fully featured trial mode on special servers without a time restriction. Once a player upgrades to the paid version, they can play with other paid players. This marketplace and monetization system update completely removes the dependency on real money currency to obtain any item in the game. All marketplace items are now acquired using in-game currency rather than real money.
Players can visit https://infestationmmo.com/#getgame to check out free trial accounts.
"Since launching a year ago OP Productions has been dedicated to providing players with a solid gaming experience. Infestation and its community is defining a new genre of online game unlike any other," said Game Designer Adam Skidmore. “This anniversary update is a testament to OP Productions dedication to its community and Infestation ”
Infestation is an online, multiplayer, survival-simulation game set in an open world plagued with zombies. Players are thrust into this post-apocalyptic world five-years after a viral outbreak that ravaged the human population and left, in its wake, a nightmare of epic proportion. Hordes of undead zombies roam the cities, and the few remaining human beings have devolved into a lawless, nomadic society where the sole objective is to survive at any cost. Players must use skill and cunning in order to acquire food, weapons and other supplies necessary for survival. While navigating the vast landscape, they will discover cities teeming with the undead as well as other players that may or may not be friendly.
Players can visit http://infestationmmo.com/ for more information.
About OP Productions, LLC
OP Productions, LLC is a Delaware based publisher. The group is responsible for publishing and operating games based on the Infestation IP. OP Productions intends to soon add a full time development team in-house to continue ongoing development of the Infestation: Survivor Stories game.
# # #