October 23, 2008 (Toronto)– Industry leaders will take the stage at GameON: Finance 2.0 and the Ontario Game Summit on October 28th and 29th in Toronto.
• David Edery, Worldwide Games Portfolio Planner, XBLA, Microsoft and author of Changing the Game: How Video Games are Transforming the Business World
• Jason Della Rocca, Executive Director of the International Game Developers Association (IGDA)
• Tom Sweeney, Co-Founder Garage Technology Ventures Canada
• Shiraz Akmal, Managing Director, GCube Ventures
• Warren Currell, President, Sherpa Games
• Sean Kauppinen, Founder&CEO, International Digital Entertainment Agency
• Marc Jackson, Managing Partner, Video Game Finance
Full bios can be found at http://www.gameonfinance.com/content/view/243/119
GameON: Finance 2.0 is an investment forum for the interactive games industry which will connect game developers, innovators, investors and industry leaders. Over the course of a day in downtown Toronto, case-studies and panel sessions will provide insight on the diverse prospects for growth within the dynamic economic, creative and technological landscape of games.
The Ontario Game Summit - Ontario is positioned to become a leading global player in the rapidly growing digital game industry. The Ontario Game Summit will bring together Ontario’s digital game stakeholders– industry leaders, training institutions, public sector agencies and policy makers– to discuss emerging opportunities, strategies, industry growth, and Ontario’s place on the world stage.
WHEN: October 28th&29th 2008
WHERE: 1 King West, Toronto, Ontario
To register for the event: http://www.gameonfinance.com/content/view/222/97
Press passes: http://www.gameonfinance.com/content/view/228/104
More information and full event schedules: http://www.gameonfinance.com
About Interactive Ontario (IO)
IO is a not-for-profit industry trade organization committed to the growth of the Ontario interactive digital content industry. To this end IO is an industry advocate within Ontario and nationally as a founding member of the Canadian Interactive Alliance /Alliance interactive canadienne (CIAIC).
For questions, or to set up interviews with speakers, contact:
416 516 0077 x224