p>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BRAINTREE, UK – 04/12/2017
Ghostlight have today announced that Idol JRPG, Omega Quintet, will be coming to Steam on the 15th December, priced at $29.99, with a stunning 40% launch discount reducing the price to just $17.99.
So, what is Omega Quintet?
Humanity is in peril! A deadly phenomenon known as Blare threatens to consume all life on earth and is eating away at the minds of humans worldwide. No conventional forces can stop the Blare and it has rapidly spread worldwide. But in one city, a small population holds out against this deadly threat...
Enter the Verse Maidens: five exceptional girls with powerful musical abilities are the only ones who offer any hope. These inspiring, adorable idols must use their powers of song and dance to wipe out the Blare forever. Now the Verse Maidens’ strength and courage are all that’s left to protect the people, their hopes and their dreams…
Omega Quintet is a hybrid JRPG and Idol Simulation. Use your five super-cute idols’ sound weapons against the Blare’s evil forces. Build an arsenal of deadly attacks and skills and hype up your fans to unlock powerful combo attacks.
· Every battle is a stage, so play to the crowd! In Concert Mode gain a boost from your music, fill your Voltage Gauge faster and unlock your most powerful special skills.
· Extensively customize your idols’ looks. Change outfits, accessories, hair and mics. Be careful enemies don’t hit you with an outfit-busting “Costume Break”, leaving you vulnerable to attack and red-faced in front of your fans!
· Sing your foes into oblivion using the “Harmonics” system: weave different idols’ skills into incredibly deadly chain combos. Add each skill in the correct order to multiply the pain!
· Use the powerful PVS system to choreograph and produce unique music videos of your idols greatest hits. Use your mouse to throw in extra effects during the concert
The console version of Omega Quintet received some very positive reviews:
- In their 4.5/5 review Digitally Downloaded were huge fans, saying: "This is, effectively, an independent game from a small, creative team. And it’s a massive success at being that. It’s a deep JRPG mixed with both satire and humour, it’s something you haven’t seen before, and most importantly: it’s fun. Real, genuine fun."
- Meanwhile, RPGSite gave Omega Quintet a very solid 7/10, saying: "Far and away, the best feature in Omega Quintet are the battles themselves. Compile Heart put a lot of work into providing a complex system."
Established in 2004, Ghostlight specialise in bringing the best in Japanese gaming to the PAL region. Ghostlight have released numerous JRPGs such as the Agarest series, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and multiple entries in the Shin Megami Tensei series, including Devil Survivor Overclocked and Persona 3 Portable. Ghostlight have recently released titles from Acquire’s respected Way of the Samurai series and Lost Dimension on PC.
For further Information contact: