Create-a-Hero Contest Winner Will Be Featured in Game
Haarlem, The Netherlands – February 27, 2014 – Iceberg Interactive announced today the release of a big update for the advanced alpha version of Starpoint Gemini 2 . From local security ships checking for contraband, to the addition of a Skill and Perk respect panel, and new on-ship changing boarding mechanics, this significant update injects new layers of energy, depth, and variation to Little Green Men Games’ open-world 3D space simulation.
Starpoint Gemini 2 Advanced Alpha Update Features:
- Graphic and gameplay anomalies redesigned and updated
- Local security ships now check passing ships for illegal goods including the player, and will demand that the ship jettisons the cargo if contraband is found
- Skill & Perk respect panel has been added to stations, so players can test out different skill setups. Skill & Perk points can be reset for a price
- Boarding mechanics have been updated with various random micro-events that can fire off, to change the course of on-ship battles
- Ships “drop” derelicts more frequently when exploding and all ships now have proper derelict models
The Little Green Men Games team will be with Iceberg at GDC in San Francisco next month, providing hands-on demos of Starpoint Gemini 2 and providing interviews to the media. Iceberg will be hosting demos and interviews at the W Hotel, across the street from the Moscone Center. If you will be at GDC and are interested in setting up an appointment, please email Danitra Alomia, email@example.com.
Starpoint Gemini 2 is an open-world 3D space simulation game that provides powerful RPG mechanics with the frenzy of space combat and will feature full implementation of Oculus Rift at launch. Starpoint Gemini 2 is currently in Alpha on Steam’s Early Access program and is available for $22.99, store.steampowered.com/app/236150/. Starpoint Gemini 2 is slated for full release on Steam this Spring.
# # #
About Little Green Men Games
LGM Games is a team of highly motivated and talented programmers, writers, 3D and 2D artists, and animators sharing the same passion for video games. LGM Games made their first appearance in the gaming industry in 2011 with their debut title Starpoint Gemini, a space-flavored RPG sim.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive ( http://www.iceberg-games.com) is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans. Iceberg operates in the vibrant European games market through retail publishing and worldwide via direct relationships with dozens of digital download portals. With a distinct focus on the genres of simulations, adventure, strategy and MMO/action games, Iceberg has successfully released digital hits in European retail, such as Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space -- but is also known to back indie developers in getting their games into both the retail and digital space.
Play it Cool!