Participate in the Skyworld Holiday 2017 Tournament, Sponsored by AMDp/>
Rotterdam (NL), 19 December 2017: Skyworld VR players are in for a range of holiday festivities as the Skyworld Holiday 2017 Update goes live on Steam and Oculus Home, among which is the Skyworld Holiday 2017 Tournament, sponsored by AMD.
From today through Sunday, 14 January 2018 players can:
- Get jolly with new Christmas player avatars
- Play through festive Dragons Peak and Royal Mine skirmish maps
- Compete in the Holiday 2017 Tournament for glory and VR prizes
Sponsored by AMD, the Skyworld Holiday 2017 Tournament lets players take on devs and other players in a knock-out tournament, win glory and AMD prizes, and enter the new VR year in style.
Slots are limited and filled on a first come, first served basis. Registration opens Saturday, 23 December 2017 at 10PM CET / 1PM PT. Players can subscribe to the Skyworld newsletter to get notified or keep an eye on the Skyworld Steam Community Hub.
In an addictive blend of accessible turn-based empire building and fast-paced real-time battles, it is up to players to conquer and reunite all Skyworlds. Skyworld is a full-feature VR strategy game, including a story-based single player campaign, skirmish mode and online competitive multiplayer from the creators of the VR first-person shooter hit Arizona Sunshine.
Skyworld is out now for HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and Windows Mixed Reality.
# # #
Note to the editor:
Please request access to the full game via email@example.com.
Publisher: Vertigo Games
Developer: Vertigo Games / Wolfdog Interactive
Genre: VR Strategy / Fantasy
Release Date: Out Now
Pricing: $39,99 / € 39,99 / £ 30,99
Platforms: HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Windows Mixed Reality
Skyworld reinvents classic strategy gameplay for VR without compromising on gameplay depth by using intuitive VR controls and providing player feedback right on the VR battlefield. Step into intricately animated fantasy worlds where you are king and watch your battle maps come to life around you. Built in gaming sessions optimal for VR, Skyworld lets you conquer and reunite all Skyworlds in the full-size campaign and challenge friend or foe in online cross-platform multiplayer mode. http://skyworld-game.com
- Conquer multiple unique VR worlds in a story-based campaign
- Manage your population, buildings & resources turn-by-turn
- Command your forces in addictive real-time battles
- Research and upgrade a full roster of units & legendaries
- Build a powerful, balanced deck across 4 categories: land, air, ranged & spells
- Compete PvP across a diverse range of skirmish maps in online cross-platform multiplayer
- Enjoy intuitive VR controls & in-world feedback replacing traditional UIs
- Influence a range of VR worlds with every decision you make
About Vertigo Games
Vertigo Games is a VR game studio located in the port city of Rotterdam, The Netherlands. After developing and publishing the successful VR FPS title, Arizona Sunshine, the studio is currently working on their new VR titles including games such as Skyworld. http://vertigo-games.com
About Wolfdog Interactive
Wolfdog Interactive is a young, indie game company based in the Netherlands. We aim to create fun and enjoyable games for PC and mobile. Going back to the roots of gaming, we are always striving towards a slightly different take on the traditional genres. Our goal is to create the best experience possible for our players through user-friendly mechanics. http://wolfdoginteractive.com
P.O. Box 21300
3001 AH Rotterdam