Fast & fun capture-the-head action game for 1-4 players
London, UK - April 6 2017: Square Enix Collective™, the platform that brings diverse and quality indie titles to market, is delighted to announce that hilarious and hectic couch multiplayer game Oh My Godheads™ launches for PC on Steam Early Access today.
Developed by Barcelona-based Titutitech™, Oh My Godheads™ features at its core the wonderful ‘capture-the-head’ game mechanic. Capture-the-head is like capture-the-flag, but the flag is an ancient head that's alive, angry, and after you! Players fight with friends to capture these furious living heads and bring them back to their team's plinth… if they can.
“Born from a love of classic couch multiplayer games from the 1990s, we wanted to recreate that fun, fast-paced multiplayer experience in Oh My Godheads whilst adding full 3D environments, more tactics, more depth, and more replayability”, said Federico Sauret, co-CEO of Titutitech. “Oh, did we mention it's also got exploding pies?”
“Lunch breaks in the Square Enix Collective office have been a riot of Oh My Godheads matches since the early game version arrived last year”, said Phil Elliott, Director of Community & Indie Development at Square Enix Collective. “It’s bright, loud, and a lot of fun! We’re very happy that gamers can play Oh My Godheads at home starting today”.
Oh My Godheads is expected to remain in Early Access for several months while the team gathers feedback on balancing, and further polishes the game. The full launch is expected in late 2017.
What is Oh My Godheads?
- Hilarious couch multiplayer for 1-4 players
- Battle computer-controlled characters in single player mode
- ‘Capture-the-head’ gameplay supercharges capture-the-flag with uniquely powered godheads
- Multiple magical godheads - explosions, control-switching, and more
- Bright, colourful 3D environments in world-spanning locales
- Ridiculous cast of characters to play
- Swords, hats, monocles, and airborne pastries
Reading doesn’t do Oh My Godheads justice – sing-along to the brilliant new Early Access launch trailer here: youtu.be/cd8GMKQN4q0
Oh My Godheads is now available to purchase ($14.99 / €14.99 / £10.99) and download for PC in all countries on Steam Early Access .
Assets and Information
- Assets: goo.gl/WZrhgG
- Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/522740
- Website: ohmygodheads.com
- Twitter®: twitter.com/titutitech
- Facebook®: facebook.com/ohmygodheads
- YouTube®: youtube.com/channel/UC2ausK5bWWmRbIwRY9_s7KA
If you would like an interview with the developers of any Square Enix Collective game or with Phil Elliott, Director of Community & Indie Development at Square Enix Collective, please contact:
Product PR enquiries, interviews and demo sessions
Craig Stephens - Kartridge
email@example.com +44 (0) 7736 324 399
Corporate PR enquiries and Phil Elliott interviews
Stefano Petrullo – Renaissance PR
firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0) 7828 692 315
About Square Enix Collective
Square Enix Collective is an initiative that provides a range of non-restrictive services to independent developers to help them raise the profile of their projects, and bring them to market.
- Community-building via the Collective Feedback platform
- Support through crowdfunding for selected projects
- Publishing and marketing services (including QA and platform relations)
- A limited number of production investments for specific projects
Creative control and all IP rights are retained by the developers.
For more information on Square Enix Collective please contact email@example.com
Square Enix Collective website: collective.square-enix.com
Follow @SQEX Collective on Twitter®: twitter.com/sqexcollective
SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, SQUARE ENIX COLLECTIVE, and the SQUARE ENIX COLLECTIVE logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.