TRACKMANIA® DS LANDS INTO STORES TODAY
TrackMania DS, the eagerly anticipated and most exciting racing game available on Nintendo DS, is released today.
TrackMania DS allows players to drive at mind-blowing speeds in hi-octane racers on incredible tracks made of jumps, loops and turbo boost pads as they bid to become the fastest driver on the planet. View the extreme gameplay on the latest TrackMania DS trailer: www.youtube.com/mediasafari
Choose from Desert, Rally or Stadium environments to select your race machine and go head-to-head with your mates in multiplayer mode. Other unique features of TrackMania DS include:
• 3D Track Editor: Players can create their own adrenaline rush as they craft customised tracks for out-of-this-world racing
• Single cartridge multiplayer: Up to four players can race on custom or in-game tracks using just one game cartridge via the local WiFi connection of the DS
• TrackMania vehicles: These include the light and powerful Rally car, the hard to handle desert vehicle and the iconic TrackMania car, a stylised F1 racer
• Three single player modes: Race, Platform and Puzzle provide a variety of challenges for even the most experienced racer
• Hotseat multiplayer: Using just one game cartridge and one DS console, adrenaline flows as up to eight players take turns racing around custom or in-game tracks to set the fastest times in nail-biting competition
• Three TrackMania environments: Desert, Rally and Stadium environments offer unique styles of gameplay
TrackMania DS is in stores now, by Ascaron Entertainment and 93 Games, bringing a new type of extreme racing to the handheld console and providing the perfect Christmas present for adrenaline junkies. For more information visit: http://www.trackmania.com/tmds/?lang=en
Publisher: Ascaron Entertainment / 93 Games
Release date: November 21st 2008
Format: Nintendo DS
About Ascaron Entertainment
From Day One in 1989 AscaronEntertainment has become one of the leading European“boutique” developers and Publishers of games for the PC, with many successful titles including Patrician, Port Royale, DarkStar One and SACRED.
Ascaron maintains development studios in Berlin, Gutersloh and Aachen (Germany), as well as an international department in Birmingham (UK). Ascaron currently markets its products in more than 40 countries and over 15 languages.
Ascaron Entertainment (UK) is an independent office and is highly regarded on a domestic and global scale. With a professional reputation, full-service product management, and a wealth of experience in the games industry, the UK operation manages the international releases of Ascaron's entire catalogue, whilst also providing a bespoke publishing, sales, PR and marketing function to selected affiliate label partners. Ascaron Entertainment (UK) continues to be responsible for successfully launching titles into the UK market from developers and publishers worldwide. Titles include the popular UFO, Panzers, Cossacks and Blitzkrieg seriesof games, as well as critically acclaimed hits such as Call of Juarez, TrackMania United, and City Life 2008.
Founded in 1996, 93GAMES is a French publishing and distribution company based near Paris, France. Known for the diversity, quality and originality of its catalogue, 93GAMES now publishes and distributes many of its titles throughout Europe and also world-wide in both boxed retail and digital distribution formats. The last five years have been very successful for 93GAMES in France, with many of its PC licenses becoming top-sellers. 93GAMES has also published several original titles, including the adventure game Runaway, the renowned Cycling Manager and the much-loved TrackMania. The coming months will be exciting and full of surprises with the release of high-quality games such as Blood Bowl, TrackMania DS, Runaway: A Twist of Fate, Sherlock Holmes and sport games dedicated to major events such as the America’s Cup or the Tour de France.
For further press information please contact:
Stephen Denton / Sarah Holden
T: +44 (0)1225 731388