Auckland, New Zealand - December 18, 2017 - Grinding Gear Games announced today that it has released their first massive expansion for their hit ARPG, Path of Exile, on Xbox One. Path of Exile: War for the Atlas features 32 new randomized maps and a host of new challenges and rewards as players find themselves caught between two powerful entities battling for the control of Wraeclast - The Elder and The Shaper.
The latest expansion of the hit ARPG also is the first official European release with nine supported languages including German, French and Spanish, and Europe-specific payment methods.
War for the Atlas Features:
- War for the Atlas: A mysterious entity known only as The Elder haunts the Atlas, spreading decay and battling The Shaper for control.
- The Atlas, Redrawn: Find your way to the center of the Atlas through new paths and discover new challenges along the way. War for the Atlas adds 32 randomized maps to Path of Exile's ever-evolving end-game.
- New Bosses: Along with deadly encounters at the end of each new map, this expansion introduces the four Elder Guardians, whom you must defeat before you are able to face the Elder himself.
- New End-game Items: As the war between the Shaper and Elder rages, challenge their control of the Atlas to find exclusive new rare items that have special properties: Shaped Items and Elder Items.
- Endless Character Customization: Find four new Skill Gems designed around necromancy, six new Support Gems and over fifty new Unique Items.
- Abyss League: Coinciding with the launch of Path of Exile: War for the Atlas, we're introducing the Abyss Challenge League. Fight ancient foes that spill forth from the cracks beneath your feet as you journey across Wraeclast, and claim valuable new Abyss Jewels to customise your characters and items in new ways.
- Available on Xbox One and PC: Both Path of Exile: War for the Atlas and the Abyss Challenge League are available on PC and Xbox One. And, of course, both are 100% free to play.
About Path of Exile
Path of Exile was originally released in October 2013 to critical acclaim including winning GameSpot's PC Game of the Year award. In August 2017, Path of Exile made its console debut on the Xbox One. Since its launch, Path of Exile has received extensive updates (including six large expansions) and has seen continual, massive audience growth, boasting a 58% increase of hours played in 2017 over 2016. Localized versions are available in German, French, Spanish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Russian, Thai and Brazilian Portuguese. Path of Exile continues to be 100% free to play, with no pay-to-win microtransactions. Seriously.
About Grinding Gear Games
Grinding Gear Games is an independent game studio founded in 2006 and based in Auckland, New Zealand. Its team members come from various countries and have a diversity of backgrounds ranging from artificial intelligence and software security to industrial design and professional tournament gaming. In 2013, GGG released its flagship title, Path of Exile, and is committed to ongoing expansion and new content releases for the critically acclaimed game. You can find more information about Grinding Gear Games at www.grindinggear.com .
Grinding Gear Games Media Contact
North America and International
Michael Meyers Public Relations