Canada's premiere conference focused on the business of making video games
October 16, 2008 (Toronto)– Interactive Ontario has announced the speaker line-up for GameON: Finance 2.0, taking place October 28th and 29th in Toronto. During this two-day event, which opens with the Ontario Game Summit (OGS) on October 28th, industry leaders will take the stage to address the environment and mechanisms for funding both games and game companies in Ontario.
Discussions and presentations for GameON: Finance 2.0 and the OGS include:
• How video games are transforming the business world
• Can new revenue models extend the value of your game?
• Comparing financing strategies that may be worlds apart
• Playing the spread: original vs. licensed IP
• Examining the risks and potential rewards of game development on mobile devices
• Achieving critical mass in the Ontario game cluster
• The Bottom Line: Increasing liquidity and leveraging investment in Ontario video game companies
Some of the speakers who will appear at GameON: Finance are:
• Marc Jackson, Managing Partner, Video Game Finance
• David Edery, Worldwide Games Portfolio Planner, XBLA, Microsoft
• Rick Segal, JLA Ventures
• Jason Della Rocca, Executive Director of the International Game Developers Association (IGDA)
• Jenna Seguin, Loan Officer, Aver Media
• Steve Bocska, President, Pug Pharm Productions
• Bob Shoniker, President, Courage Capital
- <*>Full bios can be found at http://www.gameonfinance.com/content/view/243/119*>
For more information, or if you wish to attend GameON: Finance 2.0 and the Ontario Game Summit, visit www.gameonfinance.com
Press passes are available for media who wish to cover the event at: http://www.gameonfinance.com/content/view/230/107
About GameON: Finance 2.0
GameON: Finance 2.0 is an investment forum for the interactive games industry, which will connects game developers, innovators, investors and industry leaders. Over the course of a day in downtown Toronto, case-studies and panel sessions will provide insight on the diverse prospects for growth within the dynamic economic, creative and technological landscape of games.
About the Ontario Games Summit
Ontario is positioned to become a leading global player in the rapidly growing digital game industry. The Ontario Game Summit will bring together Ontario’s digital game stakeholders– industry leaders, training institutions, public sector agencies and policy makers– to discuss emerging opportunities, strategies, industry growth, and Ontario’s place on the world stage
About Interactive Ontario
IO is a not-for-profit industry trade organization committed to the growth of the Ontario interactive digital content industry. To this end IO is an industry advocate within Ontario and nationally as a founding member of the Canadian Interactive Alliance /Alliance interactive canadienne (CIAIC).
For more information, or to set up interviews with speakers, contact:
Interactive Ontario (io)
99 Atlantic Ave., Suite 411
Toronto, ON M6K 3J8
T: 416.516.0077 x224