12th May 2017
TheGameCreators today released GameGuru with full control of First and Third Person Logic, which means that LUA scripters can now have total control of the player control mechanics.
The mechanics are the logic code that controls when and how the player moves, shoots, jumps, controls physics, handles water and operates jetpacks in both first person (FPS) and third person (TPP) perspectives. This code was previously hard coded to remove the burden normally faced when creating your own FPS and TPP 3D games from scratch. By moving this logic to external LUA script, GameGuru users now have full access and the ability to change any aspect they wish.
Key improvements in this update include:
- Over 500 new LUA commands added for scripters
- Added new footfall sound effects for Grass, Stone, Wood and Metal
- Can now control water level from the setup file
- All A.I calculations now moved to a second core for improved performance
- Added three new character reskins for soldier, shotgun and uzi enemies
- Now displays weapon selections in alphabetical order
- Improved shaders, including flags for retro rendering technique
- Improvements to soldier AI behaviour
Further information is available at https://www.game-guru.com
The Game Creators
About The Game Creators
The Game Creators, a privately owned UK company, are developers and publishers of affordable game development tools. Established in 1999, their brands include AppGameKit, GameGuru, MyWorld and EduGuru. They are official Intel Black Belt Developers with a driving focus of bringing game making tools software to the masses.