Exclusive ‘Thief’ lock-in launch competition is announced February 18th 2014
GAME and PlayStation are joining forces with Square Enix to offer 100 lucky GAME Reward members and their friends the chance to win their very own VIP launch night event for upcoming title Thief, released on 28 th February.
100 GAME stores throughout the UK will give fans the chance to win an exclusive lock-in launch party for themselves and three friends to be hosted on Thursday 27 th February. To be in with a chance to win, gamers need to visit their local participating store or head online to its Twitter page and make their claim for why they deserve to win, using #GAMEthief100 (participating stores listed below). Entry opens from 11.00am 18 th February and closes at midday on 26th February.
The best pitch will be selected by the participating stores and 100 lucky gamers will win their own private GAME lock-in as well as a sleeve signed by Nicholas Cantin (Art and Game Director) and Daniel Windfeld Schmit (Lead Level Designer). At the end of the night, the winners will also be able to purchase the much anticipated game before anyone else.
Gamers must be aged 18 or over with a pre-order of the game on their GAME Reward account to be considered. ID will be required for all attendees.
Ailsa McKnight, Marketing Director at GAME said:
“Our exclusive lock-in events give gamers the chance to come together as a community and get early, hands on access to the best titles in gaming. We're once again partnering with the teams at Square Enix and PlayStation, this time to bring the long-awaited and hugely popular Thief to life in our biggest lock-in series to date. For one lucky gamer in each of the 100 stores taking part this really will be a money-can't-buy experience.
“The biggest titles demand the best events - and at GAME we will always deliver for our gaming community, whether that is with incredible lock-ins, exclusive in-game content or the best midnight launches on the high street.”
Developed by Eidos Montréal, the stealth video game is a reboot to the critically acclaimed franchise and has been one of the most eagerly awaited releases of this year. GAME is also offering an exclusive pre-order bonus with bonus DLC, digital soundtrack & Android companion app, available to all who place a pre-order for the game.
Full details and all versions available to pre-order can be found in store or online at: http://www.game.co.uk/thief
The 100 Thief Stores taking part can be contacted in store or via twitter below, further details can be found on http://instore.game.co.uk/
- Ends -
GAME Retail Ltd. is the UK’s leading high-street videogames retailer. Formed in April 2012, GAME is committed to delivering for the gaming communities of the UK online, in-store, on mobile and through their app. With a market-leading reward proposition, incredible exclusive content and great deals, GAME is the number one destination for all gaming needs. For more information, please visit www.game.co.uk.
Terms and conditions:
1. The promoter is: GAME Retail Ltd (company no. 7837246) whose registered office is at Unity House, Telford Road, Basingstoke RG21 6YJ
2. Employees of GAME or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. Details of how to enter are available via http://instore.game.co.uk/
4. Closing date for entry will be Wednesday 26th February 12pm.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: Customers can win a VIP launch event for winner and three friends on Thursday 27th of February, plus the ability to purchase Thief before its general sale. To be in with a chance to win, gamers need to visit their local participating store or head online to its Twitter page and make their claim for why they deserve to win, using #GAMEthief100 All entrants must be 18 years of age or older and must bring ID to gain entry or make a purchaser. The store will pick a winner of their choice. Winner and friends must make their own way to the event, no travel costing or hotel costs will be reimbursed. Entry opens from 11.00am 18th February and closes at midday on 26th February.
7. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in any event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. Winners will be selected by the store Management of the GAME store that the event which has been applied for is taking place in. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize by Thursday 27th 9am we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
11. The promoter will notify the winner on Wednesday the 26th by 6pm.
12. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
15. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
16. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.