Mode 7 is proud to herald the arrival of thousands of the same “lol DAE read this as frendzone?! kappa” comment with the release of Frozen Endzone on Steam Early Access.
Frozen Endzone is a simultaneous-turn-based tactical game set around a brutal futuristic sport played by robots.
The game entered early beta in December 2013; this release marks its first major update. It will launch at 5pm GMT / 9am PST today, Steam permitting - a post around that time would be best for us but it’s not a big deal - thanks!
"I am so excited about this release I just had to quote myself saying how I excited I am!" gibbered Joint Managing Director Paul Taylor, at some point between 4.32 and 4.34 AM last night before returning to his nutrient-rich aqueous medium.
Here’s a recap of the main changes in this version:
- Players can now have stats: strength, resilience, “burst” (a small burst of acceleration when getting the ball), evade, intercept radius, block radius
- “Handball” (now called “Full Match”) game mode enters beta. This has been totally revamped to accommodate stats and is now the main game mode. Lots of turnovers, interceptions, end-to-end action, and new points zones make this really exciting and strategic.
- Team Editor allows you to name your players and set their stats; upload your team to the server and use it in multiplayer or skirmish with it offline
- Completely revamped, much more intelligent AI and a selection of new AI skirmishes
- Easy-to-use tile-based Pitch Editor (alpha)
- Custom Game Mode creator (alpha)
- Commentary system (alpha): commentary makes use of player names; in single player, the AI calculations are also used to allow the commentators to analyse your play-style; in multiplayer, the commentators will discuss your previous history with your opponent
- Some brand new animations and some big improvements to camera code
- There is now in-game audio to go with the music!
Estimated release date is late 2014. The next order of business is the single player campaign mode, which will take place in a richly simulated league. You’ll be able to build up your team, interact with rival coaches, track your players’ behaviour on and off the pitch and generally experience life at the cutting edge of futuresports...
We would love to do interviews or any follow-up about this you might desire; do give me a shout if you have any questions as well - thanks!
New trailer, which includes a full casted match: