New Customization Updates and Wallpaper Highlight Latest Improvements In L3O’s 4X Game
Haarlem, The Netherlands – December 19, 2013 – L3O Interactive and Iceberg Interactive’s upcoming 4X space-strategy game Horizon (PC) is currently in the late Beta stages of its Early Access program on Steam, where its active community has helped the game make giant strides forward over the past months. Today’s update focuses on large-scale changes suggested by the community such as race customization and a classic 4X gameplay mode, both of which add depth and replayability to the already expansive title.
Horizon stands out from the 4X crowd with its focus on the dawn of space ventures of mankind, as it expands past its own solar system and confronts powerful, ancient races bent on shaping the future for younger ones.
Major feature updates include:
- Ability to fully customize your race with race templates and unique abilities
- Don't want to only play as Humans? You can now play Classic Mode and select one of seven additional races for a different experience (includes 84 new ship models and other assets)
- Design a Starbase before building it
- New Terraforming mechanic enables players to transform planets to become more hospitable to their race. Added ability to clean and restore toxic planets
- Improved race starting colony placements on galaxy generation and more distinct colors
- New displays for Explored Planets, Game Options, Racial Stats and Bonuses
- Updated help screens with tooltips for new players
To read more about the new changes and for the full Changelog, please visit the official Horizon forum: forum.horizongame.com
Horizon is currently in an advanced Beta stage and publisher Iceberg Interactive is eying an early Q1 2014 launch. Gamers already interested in playing the game before its official launch can purchase and play the game for an Early Access price of $24.99 on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/236130. During the Steam Wintersale the game is available at a 25% discount.
# # #
ABOUT L3O INTERACTIVE
L3O Interactive is an independent Canadian video game developer located in Toronto, Ontario. L3O was founded on the principle to make classic hardcore games with innovative and more immersive gameplay elements. The studio is currently focused on completing its first commercial project Horizon, a grand space 4X game which strives to bring a new experience to strategy and sci-fi gamers!
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 70+ game arsenal - with more promising games in the pipeline.
Play it cool!